Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#7647 by anishpg
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:18 am
TechExplorer wrote:just remember that the ooma ex. Blue signal as I call it is sent only from the wall side of ooma hub not the phone side this is why you use splitter to sync or connect both sides to your wall phone line connection.

The blue signal from wall port won't go more than 40 feet, so if your room is away more than 40 feet, then the scout will not work.
#7803 by mrjagster
Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:21 am
pk I have a blue light on my scout and when I disconnect wait 1 minute and reconnect I get an ooma dial tone. At some point I lose the ooma dial tone and get a regular dial tone I still have the blue light on the scout. Any ideas?
#7863 by TechExplorer
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:43 pm
Just a Note I use my ooma hub,with two scouts connected thru inhouse wiring well over 40 ft. and still get signal from ooma hub.,and all works well. approx.
85 ft one scout is away,ect.
#7864 by WayneDsr
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:55 pm
Mine will only work if I disconnect the landline from the in house wiring.
I think the voltage on the line interfers with oomas signal.

Until I fire my phone company, I put the Scout next to the hub for second line access.

Wayne
#7879 by oomg
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:55 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Mine will only work if I disconnect the landline from the in house wiring.
I think the voltage on the line interfers with oomas signal.

Until I fire my phone company, I put the Scout next to the hub for second line access.

Wayne

My setup is similar to Wayne's except that I have some extra Scouts. My primary business line (landline) was wired separately from the two lines that were installed when the home was built. I also caries DSL. Thus, once my home number porting was completed, I had no service on the internally wired lines.

So, I simply put a splitter on the back of the Hub; took a line off the splitter to the wall jack, and placed two other Scouts in other rooms in the home; and took a second line off the splitter to a third Scout which is at my desk. This Scout is assigned to my second ooma number which is used for incoming calls and recording all incoming messages (my business lines are forwarded to my second ooma number), thereby freeing my business lines for outgoing calls. (The Scout at my desk is connected to separate phone unit.) The Scouts which are located in other rooms are connected to wall jacks in each respective room; one has a third ooma number assigned to it.

The base station for the cordless units is attached to the ooma Hub. There are a couple other phone units attached to the other hubs. Since I have six phones on the cordless set, and had retained an AT&T landline, all I had to do to provide service during the recent outage was to unplug the landine from the back of the deskset which is exclusive to my desk and plug it into the cordless base station.