Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#7020 by niknak
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:43 pm
dennisSYNd wrote:... But apparently I have to call ATT and have them come over and unplug the cable since there are no labels and I don't know which one is mine... oh well...

If you had access to a "toner" you could find your wire pair and disconnect it yourself
#7042 by TechExplorer
Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:43 pm
on back of your ooma hub two ports marked phone wall,must use a splitter to connect phone to your wall port so ooma hub can send connect signal to scout,this will cause your scout to be seen and Blue light will light

wall port must be split to both sides of system ( Hub )
I use two spliters,one side phone then other splitter for wall connect and phone cord back to wall port on ooma hub
this will fix your problem
#7454 by dennisSYNd
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:06 am
TechExplorer wrote:on back of your ooma hub two ports marked phone wall,must use a splitter to connect phone to your wall port so ooma hub can send connect signal to scout,this will cause your scout to be seen and Blue light will light

wall port must be split to both sides of system ( Hub )
I use two spliters,one side phone then other splitter for wall connect and phone cord back to wall port on ooma hub
this will fix your problem

tech i did what you said, i found another splitter and splitted my actual wall port and the phone port on the hub. it looks like it works, but my scout still shows the bottom row red which is weird. but i can call out and receive calls. know anything about that?
#7470 by niknak
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:37 am
tech i did what you said, i found another splitter and splitted my actual wall port and the phone port on the hub. it looks like it works, but my scout still shows the bottom row red which is weird. but i can call out and receive calls. know anything about that?

When you call out do you hear the OOMA Dialtone? You may have live POTS service which is why you can make calls
#7508 by dennisSYNd
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:08 am
niknak wrote:
When you call out do you hear the OOMA Dialtone? You may have live POTS service which is why you can make calls

yeah i hear the ooma dial tone. whats POTS service?
#7526 by niknak
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 am
..yeah i hear the ooma dial tone. whats POTS service..?

POTS = "Plain Old Telephone Service" - your Local Carrier

Since you have the ooma dialtone on the scout your connection is going through the OOMA network, I'm not sure how to solve your problem, sorry
#7578 by TechExplorer
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:26 pm
I don't use pots line anymore ( Landline,ex. Ma Bell )so i have disconnected the line from outside service from my home system to prevent problem with outside line power spikes,ect. this provides the best setup if you do not need a landline ( pots line ) anymore.
#7579 by anishpg
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 pm
niknak wrote:
..yeah i hear the ooma dial tone. whats POTS service..?

POTS = "Plain Old Telephone Service" - your Local Carrier

Since you have the ooma dialtone on the scout your connection is going through the OOMA network, I'm not sure how to solve your problem, sorry

The wall port will let you only to connect Max 40 Feet Long. If your room is more than 40 feet away then you dont get signal.
#7580 by TechExplorer
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:36 pm
just remember that the ooma ex. Blue signal as I call it is sent only from the wall side of ooma hub not the phone side this is why you use splitter to sync or connect both sides to your wall phone line connection.