Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#6963 by dennisSYNd
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 am
I just got the email saying my number has been ported. Everything seems to be working with the main hub. When I call my number the phone connected to the hub rings.

But for some strange reason, when I connect the wall port to the wall on the hub and try to connect my scout in another room. I get all red on the bottom row of buttons on the scout. No blue tab. Just a red tab and all of the buttons on the bottom row is red. When i pick up the phone connected to the scout there is a dial tone and I can dial out. (ex. i dial my cell phone and it says its my home number) but when I call the house only the phone connected to the hub rings.

Does ATT still own my house line? Should I wait a little longer for my scout to work?? I dont' know what to do? Any advice? Thanks in advance.
#6969 by murphy
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:18 am
dennisSYNd wrote:But for some strange reason, when I connect the wall port to the wall on the hub and try to connect my scout in another room. I get all red on the bottom row of buttons on the scout. No blue tab. Just a red tab and all of the buttons on the bottom row is red.

All 4 bottom buttons on a scout lit means the scout can't connect to the hub. See page 40 of the User Guide. Double check your wiring.
#6972 by WayneDsr
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 am
As a test to make sure the Scout is working, bring the Scout next to the hub and connect the Scout directly to the hub via WALL to WALL connection.
If the Scout is working:

I'm understanding you are not using your landline any longer. You may need to disconnect the landline from the house wiring at your telco box outside. Sometimes there is enough voltage on the line to interfer with ooma's hpna signal coming from the hub.
Disconnecting is usually just a matter of unplugging a phone type plug in the box.

Also, just to be sure make sure all phone patch cables are working ones.

Wayne
#6973 by AMPERE
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 am
dennisSYNd wrote:never tried using my scout before because i had the temp number and didn't want it all over the house.
i have cable service.

If you had landline from ATT then you should disconnect your home circuit from the outside network. Unplug two wires coming from company side to customer access side in the telephone connection box outside your home. You will find the connection diagram inside the panel door.

Hope this helps.
#6974 by dennisSYNd
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:30 am
Hey Wayne,

I did the wall-to-wall suggestion. It looks like the scout works fine.

I live in an apartment complex, so I guess I have to ask my manager about the telephone box outside to see if that is the problem. Thanks. Let you know if it works.
#6999 by dennisSYNd
Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm
So I talked to my manager and she showed me where the box was. But apparently I have to call ATT and have them come over and unplug the cable since there are no labels and I don't know which one is mine... oh well.

right now i split the phone port on the main hub and its a temporary work around.