Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#87546 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:46 pm
jk1120 wrote:Can you explain, when to let go of the ooma button? Not sure, when "flashing" is done?

Here is the instuctions that I have for the Hub Factory reset, which is a little different from yours. It says to wait until the lights stop flashing.

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.
#87575 by jk1120
Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm
Thunderbird,
I guess I may need to do it again. It did not work. As a test, I took the ooma to my friends, and its back working....I guess I am not sure about the flashing. It flashes the first row, and then down a couple times, then pauses on first row. Release now???
Probably just do not know when to release, I guess I cannot follow directions!
DId I not see a factory reset, when log into the ooma home port? I could not find the last time, though????
#87580 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm
jk1120:
We must be missing some little thing, or the device is defective.

I don't know if you have done this, but try calling Ooma Customer Support. Maybe they can come up with a fix that we have missed.

If your Ooma Hub is defective and within the one year warranty period, they will send you another, shipping prepaid. (I don't really know about Hubs though because it's not in production). Also they send along a prepaid shipping label for shipping the defective unit back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Please let us know how you come out.
#87603 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 am
jk1120 wrote:No, I have not contacted support. Unfortunately, past a year since install.
Thanks

You can stil call support. Maybe they can see something from their end that will help.
#87737 by FX4
Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm
Contact customer support for your ISP. It sounds to me like they hold the MAC address of the last device registered. I haven't seen this issue in a long time, but I have seen it. I had an ISP years ago that held the MAC address of the last device connected for twelve hours. Anyhow their level one support should be able to reset your modem and flush the MAC address. Also verify that your ISP is not blocking ports Oooma needs.