Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#87192 by jk1120
Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 pm
My OOMA was working on my cable, lost my router. I have not been able to get it to work with cable. Itook it to friends with dsl, and it will hookup(get blue light) and make calls fine. I purchased a new Linksys E2000, and no luck. I have read this forum, and verified DHCP is on. When initially setup, was going to use phone line until I ported number, never did. I have tried plugging a phone into phone in just in case no difference. Used same setup, cables and Verizon Westell router on dsl and no issue. I have plugged ethernet cables into modem(dsl setup OK), no light(rear of ooma)with cable. Plusgged ethernet cable into modem and home, home light show connected...no OOMA service. I have tried leaving off 15 minutes, and no difference.
Help, wife is ready to strangle me!
#87193 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:07 pm
jk1120 wrote:My OOMA was working on my cable, lost my router. I have not been able to get it to work with cable. I took it to friends with dsl, and it will hookup(get blue light) and make calls fine. I purchased a new Linksys E2000, and no luck. I have read this forum, and verified DHCP is on. When initially setup, was going to use phone line until I ported number, never did. I have tried plugging a phone into phone in just in case no difference. Used same setup, cables and Verizon Westell router on dsl and no issue. I have plugged ethernet cables into modem (dsl setup OK), no light (rear of ooma)with cable. Plusgged ethernet cable into modem and home, home light show connected...no OOMA service. I have tried leaving off 15 minutes, and no difference.
Help, wife is ready to strangle me!

For a Modem-Router-Ooma connection, connect a network cable from the Modem to the Router WAN port (usually yellow port). Connect a network cable from the Router LAN port to the Modem port of the Ooma Hub. Connect a computer with a network cable from the wired LAN port of the computer, to the Home port of the Ooma Hub.

Remove power from the Modem, Router, Ooma Hub and computer. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Hub, and let it boot as far as it will go. Repower the computer. Verify that the little lights where the network cable connects to the Ooma Hub Modem port are on. One light will be lit solid, and the other will flash. If you don't get those lights, replace the network cable with a serviceable cable.

If the Ooma Hub doesn't boot all the way up, do the following.
Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open. Click on Network on the upper left side of window. Click on the down arrow at Connection Type, and select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update Device at bottom of page. Reboot everything again in order as instructed above.
#87263 by jk1120
Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:27 pm
Thunderbird thanks for the reply. Tried all your suggestions. MOdem would not show any lights os I replaced ethernet cable, actually used original ooma cable. Now, solid light on left and blink right, no blue light show connected. Tried a factory reset, but now all lights staying lit. Losing the ability get this going on cable.
#87266 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 pm
jk1120 wrote:Thunderbird thanks for the reply. Tried all your suggestions. MOdem would not show any lights os I replaced ethernet cable, actually used original ooma cable. Now, solid light on left and blink right, no blue light show connected. Tried a factory reset, but now all lights staying lit. Losing the ability get this going on cable.

Move the Ooma device back to connect to the Modem for a Modem-Ooma-Router connection. Remove power from the Modem, Ooma, Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma device. Make sure you see the little lights flashing at the back of the Ooma device where the network cable plugs into the Internet port. When the Ooma device is done booting, repower the Router.
Test the Ooma device by listening with a phone plugged into the phone port.

If that doesn't work, access Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in a computer browser window. Click on the Internet tab at the left upper side. At Connection Type: click the down arrow and select Automatic. Click on update device below. Reboot everything as as you did above, then test with a phone.

If that doens't work, you may have a defective Ooma device. If you are with in the one year warranty period, Ooma should send you another Ooma device shipping perpaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Last edited by thunderbird on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#87516 by jk1120
Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:54 am
Thunderbird, I tried putting modem-ooma-router would not connect after hours.
I took to friends and withing 5 minutes, connected....Is there suppose to be a password on the network settings screen. I tried to remove, because thought maybe dsl password, updated and still there. Any other thoughts? The ooma is still at friends working, I verified.
Thanks for the help
#87521 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:21 am
jk1120 wrote:Thunderbird, I tried putting modem-ooma-router would not connect after hours.
I took to friends and withing 5 minutes, connected....Is there suppose to be a password on the network settings screen. I tried to remove, because thought maybe dsl password, updated and still there. Any other thoughts? The ooma is still at friends working, I verified.
Thanks for the help

While the Ooma Telo is still connected at the friend's house do a factory reset, then bring it home and try it.

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to the Telo to issue a factory reset.
#87539 by jk1120
Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:57 pm
Thunderbird
OOMA Hub here:
Hub factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Not sure when to release the button, it pauses with 1/2 on, then starts sequence flashing again(not as fast)
Can you do a factory reset with telephone with hub?
#87540 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:05 pm
jk1120 wrote:Thunderbird
OOMA Hub here:
Hub factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Not sure when to release the button, it pauses with 1/2 on, then starts sequence flashing again(not as fast)
Can you do a factory reset with telephone with hub?

Can you do a factory reset with telephone with hub? No, not that I know of.

To try to purge any residual memory of the previous connection types:
Do the Ooma Hub factory reset with the Ooma Hub Modem Internet cable disconnected. Then connect your Ooma Hub to you home's LAN and see if it works.