Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86582 by dbliss3593
Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:05 pm
My ethernet connections are: modem/router to Telo to Gateway PC.
Problem: laptops connected wirelessly to modem/router cannot talk to Gateway PC through Telo.
Question: How do I open Telo so laptops can connect to Gateway PC to gain access to LAN shared folders?

Note: When Gateway/PC is directly connected to modem/router, I cannot access internet on Gateway PC while taking a call on Telo. Once call is completed internet access is restored to PC.

Details: Modem/Router: ActionTec MI424-WR (provided by Verizon for internet/TV FiOS services)
Gateway running over Home Win XP SP3 installed.
#86584 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:26 pm
dbliss3593 wrote:My ethernet connections are: modem/router to Telo to Gateway PC.
Problem: laptops connected wirelessly to modem/router cannot talk to Gateway PC through Telo.
Question: How do I open Telo so laptops can connect to Gateway PC to gain access to LAN shared folders?

Note: When Gateway/PC is directly connected to modem/router, I cannot access internet on Gateway PC while taking a call on Telo. Once call is completed internet access is restored to PC.

Details: Modem/Router: ActionTec MI424-WR (provided by Verizon for internet/TV FiOS services)
Gateway running over Home Win XP SP3 installed.

With a Modem-Router-Ooma setup, most people don't connect anything to the Ooma device Home port, except when making adjustments to Ooma Setup, because of file sharing and print sharing problems.
So connect your Gateway PC to one of your router LAN ports.

Next your ActionTec MI424-WR Modem/Router is probably set to provide priority to VoIP devices (the Ooma Device). You need to go into the Router and adjust this setting, to allow sharing between the Ooma device and the Gateway computer.