Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86564 by cork
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:21 am
:?: Have tried setting up Ooma in between modem and wireless router, but when I do this my wireless router will not work. The modem works and the ooma works, but the wireless router doesn't so none of my computers can get online. Is there another setup I should try besides Ooma in between modem and wireless router? Thanks.
#86565 by WJBertrand
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am
Did you try power cycling the router off and then back on?
#86579 by cork
Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:35 pm
yes, tried the power cycling of the router, and it still did not work
#86585 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:30 pm
cork wrote::?: Have tried setting up Ooma in between modem and wireless router, but when I do this my wireless router will not work. The modem works and the ooma works, but the wireless router doesn't so none of my computers can get online. Is there another setup I should try besides Ooma in between modem and wireless router? Thanks.

Remove power from the Ooma device for 15 minutes. Then repower the Ooma device.

Do this at least twice.

Again, remove power from the Ooma device for 15 minutes, then repower the Ooma device.

Please report if this procedure helps.
#86628 by cork
Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 pm
Hooray! it works - I tried this first: treat the ooma device like any computer and plug its internet port directly into your network router/switch. As a result, ignore the “home network” port. You can plug a phone into the “phone” port on the ooma. So it goes modem - router - ooma/computer
Got this information from this article: http://www.techdc.com/ooma-voip-phone-system-review
#86631 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 pm
Seemingly, you were hooking up "home" to your router port?

Glad things are working. If you have Ooma behind your router, best to leave the "home" port empty. Plug the PC into another router port.
#86658 by markpace
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am
I had to move my ooma behind my router as I have to do a lot of FTP work which I could not make work with ooma in front of the router. The problem now is I can't reach the ooma setup. I looked at my routers DHCP table and found the IP address, but when I put that in my web browser it says that IP address is not responding. Any hints & tips?
#86662 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:35 am
markpace wrote:I had to move my ooma behind my router as I have to do a lot of FTP work which I could not make work with ooma in front of the router. The problem now is I can't reach the ooma setup. I looked at my routers DHCP table and found the IP address, but when I put that in my web browser it says that IP address is not responding. Any hints & tips?

As far as settings for some other services while Ooma is in front of the router, this thread may shed some light. Example is related to Slingbox but basically applicable for other services as well (just have to figure out ports involved).

viewtopic.php?t=9965#p80428

As for accessing setup.ooma.com when Ooma is behind the router, you need to access using computer connected to "home" port of Ooma once, setup port forwarding rule, then get to it using router allocated IP.

viewtopic.php?t=11921#p83732