Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86168 by brik
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:59 pm
Hey all - Weirdness. for the past few hours our Ooma Telo has been down. fast red blinky on the base and fast busy when picking up handsets. I have confirmed our network is online, Internet fine.

Only 'change' was verizon at some point recently, served the router up a new IP address after a very brief power outage. I can get to my.ooma fine. It worked earlier today.

Where do I begin to troubleshoot this?
#86174 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:05 pm
brik wrote:Hey all - Weirdness. for the past few hours our Ooma Telo has been down. fast red blinky on the base and fast busy when picking up handsets. I have confirmed our network is online, Internet fine.

Only 'change' was verizon at some point recently, served the router up a new IP address after a very brief power outage. I can get to my.ooma fine. It worked earlier today.

Where do I begin to troubleshoot this?

Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.
#86201 by brik
Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:33 pm
Still not working. Ooma "flower" is still blinking red. Can't get phones to connect. Very frustrating.
#86202 by thunderbird
Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54 pm
brik wrote:Still not working. Ooma "flower" is still blinking red. Can't get phones to connect. Very frustrating.

If the Ooma device still doesn't start, let the Ooma device boot as far as it will boot. Access Ooma Setup.
If your setup is Modem-Ooma-Router, type http://172.27.35.1 in computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens.
If your setup is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a computer, using a network cable from the wired LAN port of the computer, to the Ooma device's Home port. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens.

Click on Status on left side of page. Under Network make sure you see an IP address following TO INTERNET port:. Example, Connected: [ 192.168.xxx.xxx ].
Go down to Ooma Tunnel and see if it says Connected following Ooma Tunnel. If it doesn't you have to call Ooma Customer Support and have then give your Ooma profile a "kick start" from their end.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST