Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85722 by WJBertrand
Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 pm
I activated my Ooma paying the one-time porting fee thinking I would just use the standard features instead of opting for the 1year premium service from the beginning. Is it too late to change my mind and have the porting charge covered?
#85731 by WJBertrand
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:26 am
lbmofo wrote:https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3513#p25702

As long as you purchase 1 year premier before your trial ends, your porting would be free. Your premier would start after the trial ends even if you buy it now.

Thanks, that's good to know. What if I wait 'till the end of the 60 day trial and have already been charged for the $40 porting fee? Will that then be refunded or credited toward my premier services? Thanks!
#85732 by murphy
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:48 am
WJBertrand wrote:
lbmofo wrote:https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3513#p25702

As long as you purchase 1 year premier before your trial ends, your porting would be free. Your premier would start after the trial ends even if you buy it now.

Thanks, that's good to know. What if I wait 'till the end of the 60 day trial and have already been charged for the $40 porting fee? Will that then be refunded or credited toward my premier services? Thanks!

Do NOT wait until the end of the trial. Do it now. They will charge you the difference between the Annual Premier fee and the porting fee.
#85848 by WJBertrand
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am
Well, by changing my mind and ordering the premier service later it looks like I have been charged for the porting fee and full-price for the premier service. I was expecting to be charged only the difference. Will this be automatically refunded / credited or will I have to chase this down with customer support?
#85850 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 am
WJBertrand wrote:Well, by changing my mind and ordering the premier service later it looks like I have been charged for the porting fee and full-price for the premier service. I was expecting to be charged only the difference. Will this be automatically refunded / credited or will I have to chase this down with customer support?

Wouldn't hurt to ask for clarification.
#85887 by WJBertrand
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 pm
lbmofo wrote:
WJBertrand wrote:Well, by changing my mind and ordering the premier service later it looks like I have been charged for the porting fee and full-price for the premier service. I was expecting to be charged only the difference. Will this be automatically refunded / credited or will I have to chase this down with customer support?

Wouldn't hurt to ask for clarification.

Sorry, not sure what was not clear? Anyway, it turns out that the $39.99 porting fee has been credited back to me now that I've signed up for premier service. Problems solved.