Can't get Ooma dialtone on other house phones

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kirknjan

Can't get Ooma dialtone on other house phones

Post by kirknjan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 pm

I recently had my AT&T number ported to Ooma and the AT&T service disconnected. I have tried to disconnect my house phone lines from the AT&T NIB by disconnected the white & blue wires from each of three connection points in the NIB, and have tried sending the Ooma signal to the house phone by connecting the "phone" jack on Ooma directly to my wall outlet. I do not receive a tone on any of the other phones, and now I'm wondering if there is another step to disconnecting my house phone lines from the At&T box? There is a closed panel in the NIB which requires a special tool to open which I cannot access. Does this need to be opened to fully disconnect the AT&T service?
thanks.

murphy

Re: Can't get Ooma dialtone on other house phones

Post by murphy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:36 pm

You do not need to access the closed portion of the nib.

The wires that you disconnected from the nib need to remain connected to each other.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

kirknjan

Post by kirknjan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Thanks! Do you mean that the wires should be reinserted back into the clips in the nib that I disconnected them from, or do they need to be twisted together as pairs, or what?

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 am

kirknjan wrote:Thanks! Do you mean that the wires should be reinserted back into the clips in the nib that I disconnected them from, or do they need to be twisted together as pairs, or what?
If your house is home run wired (each wall outlet is wired directly to a common point) then the same colored wire from each cable must be twisted together to put all of the wall outlets in parallel. Do not connect back to the NIB.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

kirknjan

Post by kirknjan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks so much! That worked, and now I can access Ooma throughout my home. Really appreciate your knowledge and help!