Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85431 by ronmz51
Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:34 am
Hi All,

I just got the ooma telo set up and now was able to successfully port my current landline number to ooma. What i didnt know was that now I have 2 numbers (the created one on the setup) and my ported one. On the status of phone numbers, i see that my hub is shared with the 2 numbers. What I want is for the landline to be the only one. I heard you have to call to get the (created number) removed so it will only be the ported number left. If true then i am ok with that. But right now, here is my problem, so when I call the (created number) it is working fine for outgoing and incoming calls. But when i call the ported number, it goes straight to voicemail. is there a way to switch the hub to make outgoing and incoming calls from my ported number instead of the (created number from setup).

Thanx for all the help and much appreciated.
#85433 by murphy
Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 am
Is your ported landline number the first number on the phone numbers page in your my.ooma account?
If it isn't, call customer support and ask them to make it the first number.

If you didn't sign up for Premier the second number will go away when your Premier trial expires.

In either case the ported number should ring the phone. It sounds like the port process is incomplete.
It is not possible with two shared numbers for one of them to ring and the other to go to voicemail.

Is the ported number going to the voicemail of your previous landline company?
#85435 by ronmz51
Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 am
Thanx for the quick response,

to answer your questions, (answers are in blue)
Is your ported landline number the first number on the phone numbers page in your my.ooma account?
If it isn't, call customer support and ask them to make it the first number.
Yes my port number is the first one (i believe) since the number is **0 and the created number has **1.

If you didn't sign up for Premier the second number will go away when your Premier trial expires.
the second number (i believe that should be the one created)

In either case the ported number should ring the phone. It sounds like the port process is incomplete.
It is not possible with two shared numbers for one of them to ring and the other to go to voicemail.
well both can go to the voicemail, only the created one will ring through.

Is the ported number going to the voicemail of your previous landline company?
no the ported number is now going to voicemail.

So even though i have 2 numbers both should be ringing. Thank you I will call support.