Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85595 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:32 am
wahmie:
Since you are able to access the Internet with a computer connected to the router, I'd update the router firmware first thing. It may cure your problems.

After you download and install the firmware, I'd return the router to factory defaults (if the firmware update doesn't set the router to factory defaults).

I would connect both Modems and then I would run the setup wizzards.

If The Ooma still doesn't see the Internet, I'd start paging through the Firewall settings, while reading the Intructions.

I couldn't find a place in the manual where the router firewall can be completely shut off, but if you can find it, I'd shutoff the firewall first, then test.

If shutting off the router firewall completely, allows the Ooma device to function properly, then you know you have to work on configuring the firewall.
#85603 by wahmie
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:06 am
thunderbird wrote:wahmie:
Since you are able to access the Internet with a computer connected to the router, I'd update the router firmware first thing. It may cure your problems.

After you download and install the firmware, I'd return the router to factory defaults (if the firmware update doesn't set the router to factory defaults).

I would connect both Modems and then I would run the setup wizzards.

If The Ooma still doesn't see the Internet, I'd start paging through the Firewall settings, while reading the Intructions.

I couldn't find a place in the manual where the router firewall can be completely shut off, but if you can find it, I'd shutoff the firewall first, then test.

If shutting off the router firewall completely, allows the Ooma device to function properly, then you know you have to work on configuring the firewall.

I updated the firmware and router restarted. I also restored default settings.
I gave ooma a static ip 192.168.1.101 and set it up as the DMZ Host.
Ooma connects to the internet with or without the firewall turned on.
Firewall turned off on the router and still no connection to ooma tunnel.