Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85378 by rwinnike
Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am
I have Ooma premier with a second phone number that I use for my home business. I have my Telo configured as Shared with my personal phone number (home). I also have the phone jack on the Telo connecting with my other hard wired personal phones at home. My business line is connected as a Personal Device to a Ooma Handset.

My Telo is located in my home office along with a speaker phone which works better for business calls than the Telo handset (the business handset is actually in another room). I can answer personal or business calls from the speaker phone via the Telo with no problem.

However, it seems that I am unable to call out on my business line via the Telo using the speaker phone connected to it in this configuration. It always calls out from my personal number even when I select line 2 on the Telo after engaging the phone connected to it. I really want to be able to call out on my business line from the Telo (so my clients can see my business Caller ID) but can't seem to do so. Of course there is no problem calling out with the handset that is set to my business line. Does anyone have any ideas on this (i.e. enabling the Telo to be able to call out on either my personal or business line)? Also, I'm not able to listen to the voicemail messages on my business line via the Telo. Is it possible to listen to voice mail of either line via the Telo with this configuration?

I need to have the Telo configured to my personal number as Shared to connect the other phones in my house. I hope I am making this problem clear.
Last edited by rwinnike on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
#85382 by rwinnike
Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 am
THANKS!! I had no idea.

Also, I'm not able to listen to the voicemail messages on my business line via the Telo. Is it possible to listen to voice mail of either line via the Telo with this configuration?