Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85249 by southsound
Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:23 am
Here's a start:
- Call ooma support at 888 711-6662 and have them change your forum login to something besides your phone number
- You mentioned you connected your ooma "hub" - is is the white one (hub) or black one (Telo)
- Describe your configuration. What is plugged into what? Is your ooma before or after your router?
- If after your router, do you have your router's firewall enabled?
- Is your unit set up with a new ooma number or are you using your landline number?
- What lights (and their colors) are showing on the ooma unit?

We'll try to help once we get the additional information.
#85251 by 4094195079
Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:20 am
Ok; my phone is working now but I signed up for this "forum"
just to get help with getting my phone to work.
Anyway, the system will not allow me to change my username and I do want to change it.
How can I just unsubscribe to the forum?
Can the system administrators just do it for me?
Please help.
I already made a call to support and they were unable to help me.
#85254 by thunderbird
Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am
4094195079 wrote:Ok; my phone is working now but I signed up for this "forum"
just to get help with getting my phone to work.
Anyway, the system will not allow me to change my username and I do want to change it.
How can I just unsubscribe to the forum?
Can the system administrators just do it for me?
Please help.
I already made a call to support and they were unable to help me.

Welcome to Ooma. :D Glad to hear that your Ooma device is up and running :D

There is no need to unsuscribe from the forum. You may need to use it again. You should be able to just contact Ooma Customer support and tell them that you used your phone number as a user name by mistake. Tell them you just need to remove your Ooma phone number from your Ooma forum user name to protect yourself from unwanted phone calls. Maybe if you send an E-mail instead, and in the E-mail list the new Ooma Forum user name that you would like to use, it may work out better.

Let us know how you come out.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Late add: If you still can't change your Ooma Forum User Name, send and E-mail to Ooma Moderator Bobby B at memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53
Last edited by thunderbird on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#85277 by southsound
Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:04 pm
[post removed as it referred to a troll that has been removed from the forum.]
Last edited by southsound on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#85279 by lbmofo
Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 am
I was wondering why cutomer service rep is posting as regular user as well. Even replied to the first post; now gone.
#85308 by just4fn
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:20 pm
southsound wrote:
alwaysonfire wrote:And how are you going to offer something like annual premier with discounts? You think marketing would let a customer support person do that on a whim? Do you just hack the server and pocket the funds yourself? Something smells like a $3 bill here.[/color]

Can you answer the question? What discounts are being offered? I want a discount too!!
#85309 by just4fn
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm
I found it interesting in user edit that this statement is there: "You must confirm your current password if you wish to change it, alter your e-mail address or username". It does say in the statement you can edit your username but nowhere can you change it.