Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#85165 by Lee
Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Lost old Telo to house fire. Setting up new telo now. Just got off the phone with customer svc doing an equip swap. She walked me through the connection of the new Telo. All lights are blue. I have no dial tone on phone. I don't think her router>telo connection is right. If it makes any difference I have Premier Ooma acct. Please advise

I am going out of the modem into router. She then has the Home Network and To Internet ports both going out of Telo and back to the router. I know that's not right but finally gave up with customer service rep. I don't remember how I had the original Telo hooked up. Can someone help?

Thanks

Lee
#85168 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm
Lee wrote:Lost old Telo to house fire. Setting up new telo now. Just got off the phone with customer svc doing an equip swap. She walked me through the connection of the new Telo. All lights are blue. I have no dial tone on phone. I don't think her router>telo connection is right. If it makes any difference I have Premier Ooma acct. Please advise

I am going out of the modem into router. She then has the Home Network and To Internet ports both going out of Telo and back to the router. I know that's not right but finally gave up with customer service rep. I don't remember how I had the original Telo hooked up. Can someone help?

Thanks

Lee

Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo.
For a Modem-Router-Ooma hookup: Connect a network cable from the Modem to the WAN port of the Router. Connect a Network cable from a LAN port of the Router to the Internet port of the Ooma Telo. Connect nothing to the Ooma Telo Home port, unless just temporarily connect a computer to access Ooma Setup.

Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done powering, repower the Router. When the Router is done powering, repower the Ooma Telo.

Make sure your phone is connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port. Connect nothing to the Wall port, if your Ooma Telo has one.
Last edited by thunderbird on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#85708 by ameneses54
Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm
thunderbird wrote:
Lee wrote:Lost old Telo to house fire. Setting up new telo now. Just got off the phone with customer svc doing an equip swap. She walked me through the connection of the new Telo. All lights are blue. I have no dial tone on phone. I don't think her router>telo connection is right. If it makes any difference I have Premier Ooma acct. Please advise

Thanks

Lee

Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo.
For a Modem-Router-Ooma hookup: Connect a network cable from the Modem to the WAN port of the Router. Connect a Network cable from a LAN port of the Router to the Internet port of the Ooma Telo. Connect nothing to the Ooma Telo Home port, unless just temporarily connect a computer to access Ooma Setup.

Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done powering, repower the Router. When the Router is done powering, repower the Ooma Telo.

Make sure your phone is connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port. Connect nothing to the Wall port, if your Ooma Telo has one.

Dear users,
As modem-Ooma-router did not work, I was instructed by tech support to use this setup also ( Modem-Router-Ooma), . I'm worried that this may not be the best option for quality as it's not referenced on the qulck start guide.
#85710 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm
Modem - Ooma - Router config should work given everything is power cycled correctly. If modem has battery backup, need to remove battery to be considered powered down. Then after modem is online, power up Ooma, wait til blue then turn on the router.