Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84995 by tomareed
Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:42 am
I just received my Ooma Telo with handset from Costco and have the Ooma up and running in short notice however am having a problem getting the HS paired with the Ooma Telo. I went on line, received the pin number, pressed the tower on the Ooma and it told me it is ready to pair and told me the pin number. I turned on the HS as the directions told me to do but all it keeps doing is "searching" for each other. The phone has been charged for a full day and I am placing the HS near the Telo as recommended. Any ideas how to either reset the HS and make a connection or does it sound like the HS is not working. Would hate to take it back to Costco as they require the whole thing be returned and I have everything registered and working with my normal house phone.
#85001 by thunderbird
Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:57 pm
tomareed wrote:I just received my Ooma Telo with handset from Costco and have the Ooma up and running in short notice however am having a problem getting the HS paired with the Ooma Telo. I went on line, received the pin number, pressed the tower on the Ooma and it told me it is ready to pair and told me the pin number. I turned on the HS as the directions told me to do but all it keeps doing is "searching" for each other. The phone has been charged for a full day and I am placing the HS near the Telo as recommended. Any ideas how to either reset the HS and make a connection or does it sound like the HS is not working. Would hate to take it back to Costco as they require the whole thing be returned and I have everything registered and working with my normal house phone.

You might try resetting the Telo handset:

To reset the ooma hand set.
1. Turn off the HS by press & hold the End/Red button
2. Press & hold the two keys: Left soft key and '0' (zero) key
3. Turn on the HS by press the End/Red key
4. Let go the keys in step 2.
The HS will goes into auto registration mode, so you may have to re-registor the handset to the Ooma Telo.

Also you can see this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12119

If this don't work, call customer service and report the problem.
If they decide your handset is defective, they will send just the handset.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST