Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84397 by Jdmars
Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm
Hello

I just installed a brand new Ooma Telo, and it just keeps blinking red. I installed the device in-between home router/firewall and modem, I am able to get on the Internet but the Ooma is unable to get service. Device has already been activated and we also choose to port the existing phone number.

Currently the Ooma is plugged in to the modem in the Internet port and the home network port is connected to the WAN port on the Linksys E2000 router.

Please help I would like to get Ooma up and rung as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance.
#84398 by murphy
Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:13 pm
Your title is misleading. You have Ooma installed in front of the router.

Did you activate the Telo before you hooked it up?

Turn off the modem, Telo, and the router.
Wait one minute.
Turn on the modem and wait until it syncs up with your ISP.
Turn on the Telo and wait for the light show to complete (all lights blue).
Turn on the router.
#84399 by Jdmars
Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 pm
Hello

I suppose you are right, I do have the Ooma device in front of the router, and yes we activated it first. So basically what you are saying is power cycle the modem and once it has finished booting up then plug in the Ooma Telo, let it sync up with the internet and download the software update. Then Ooma logo should turn blue. Once logo is solid blue plug the router in and wait for it to boot up.

After that is complete Ooma should be working properly, please let me know if I have this correct. As you stated in your post I did not wait for Oooma to sync with modem I had the router on the whole time.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards :D