Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84375 by mojoseeker
Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:29 pm
I inserted my area code in my TELO when I set it up. However, my area code is also set in my telephone handset. I am not sure how the system works but is it necessary to have both the handset and the OOMA TELO loaded with the area code? Any chance of this delaying my calls?
#84378 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 pm
mojoseeker wrote:I inserted my area code in my TELO when I set it up. However, my area code is also set in my telephone handset. I am not sure how the system works but is it necessary to have both the handset and the OOMA TELO loaded with the area code? Any chance of this delaying my calls?

I have my area code in both and it works fine. I have no delay of calls, except for 7 digit calls that I place without using the # after the 7 digit number.

I have ten digit calling enabled in My Ooma. See information put out by Ooma below:

Quote Ooma: 10-digit dialing lets you make long-distance calls without dialing the initial 1, just like on your cell phone.

This can introduce a short delay if you dial 7 digits for local calls. Press # after you dial to put the call through immediately.

Most people, including me, use ten digit dialing, without problem.