Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84368 by tekwrite
Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:38 pm
I have an integrated modem/router. I connected the To Internet to the router as the Option 2B instructions said. I also connected the PC to the Home Network port altho it is marked optional.

Internet speed is down and I cannot connect to network printers!

Do I disconnect the PC from Ooma?
#84372 by murphy
Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:24 pm
Yes, disconnect the PC from Ooma and connect it to your router.
#84379 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 pm
tekwrite wrote:Thanks! NOW if I can just figure out if Ooma is preventing me from using a network printer. (Windows 7)

Yes if your computer is connected to your Ooma device's Home port, it will block file and printer sharing.
When you re-connect your computer to your router's LAN, your network printing should return to normal.

Normally for the configuration Modem-Router-Ooma, the only time you temporarily connect a computer to the Ooma device's Home port, is to make adjustments in Ooma Setup, accessed by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window, when the computer is connected to your Ooma device's home port.
#84383 by tekwrite
Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:09 am
Thanks! The internet just got on steroids! I may reboot the main computer as printer sharing still does not work. I can see the printer and print jobs but no outout.

Maybe the DOCUMENTATION should say to disconnect after adjusting settings? I am a tech writer. :)
#84390 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:26 am
tekwrite wrote:Thanks! The internet just got on steroids! I may reboot the main computer as printer sharing still does not work. I can see the printer and print jobs but no outout.

Maybe the DOCUMENTATION should say to disconnect after adjusting settings? I am a tech writer. :)

You may have to un-install and re-install the printer software in your computer.