Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84364 by ultraviolet353
Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:09 pm
Hello--

My number port from an AT&T landline was completed yesterday. My ISP is Time Warner Cable so there were no DSL issues associated.

Everything is up and running--the number port only took 4 days!!! In the email from Ooma, they said I should contact AT&T 1 day after the number port is complete. My old Landline is now dead, no dial tone, and my Ooma is up and running on my ported landline number.

My question, is there anything specific I need to tell AT&T other than "cancel my account?" I just want to make sure there is no chance (after port completion) that AT&T can cancel the number once is has been successfully ported. I would go crazy if I loost this number and just want to be super careful--I have a feeling it's done but I do not want to make a mistake.

So straightforward call AT&T to cancel or is there anything else I should do in addition to just canceling?

I am so pumped--
#84365 by murphy
Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:29 pm
Your AT&T account should already be cancelled.
You are calling to verify that fact.
#84394 by ultraviolet353
Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 pm
cool--that makes sense since I no longer have a dial tone on my landline.

My only regret is I wish I had made the switch earlier. Thanks for the response. My only fear of switching to Ooma was the porting--and I can now report that it went swimmingly in 4 days!