Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84133 by Toots
Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:05 am
My ooma core system is nearly 1 year old and works great. Thinking of changing from cable system to uVerse.
Is the installation the same? Have heard that ATT will not install for you when they install uVerse.

Thanks.

Toots
#84141 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:05 pm
Toots wrote:My ooma core system is nearly 1 year old and works great. Thinking of changing from cable system to uVerse.
Is the installation the same? Have heard that ATT will not install for you when they install uVerse.

Thanks.

Toots

AT&T usually uses an integrated Modem/Router (2 Wire rig). That means you Ooma device is connected to one of the Router LAN ports. From reading Ooma Forum posts, users seem to have more Quality of Service problems with AT&T.
#84162 by thusband
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:43 am
Toots wrote:My ooma core system is nearly 1 year old and works great. Thinking of changing from cable system to uVerse.

Yes, Thunderbird is correct and has been very helpful for me. I have Uverse and have had to fiddle with the ooma QoS settings but now everything seems to work fine. My problem was Netflix streaming on Roku. Ooma worked great but Netflix rebuffered all the time. Installing Ooma behind the modem/router per the included Ooma instructions played havoc with my bandwidth.

I love my Ooma but am keeping my fingers crossed.
#84258 by Toots
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:46 pm
Thanks for the help but am still undecided if I should risk changing from cable to uVerse when my present setup with ooma is
working so great.

My research also showed many people had trouble configuring the QOS. Frankly have no idea how to start fiddling with the QOS. Please tell me, how to do this. I will be grateful.

Thanks

Toots
#84260 by thunderbird
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:36 pm
Toots:

While you are researching uVerse, find out if you can get just a Modem from ATT, not the Integrated Modem/Router for the uVerse. There seems to be much more trouble with the integrated Modem/Router.

Notice: If your Ooma is working okay, don't change any Quality of Service settings. I just posted the information so that you would know how setting QoS is done.

If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open.

Setting Quality of Service:
Since your Ooma setup is Modem-Ooma-Router, this is what has working other people with this setup:

Access the Ooma Setup Advanced page. Under Quality of Service set both the Upstream Internet speed and Down Stream Internet speed to 90% (before the last firmware update it used to be 80%) of the measured speeds as measured by http://www.speedtest.net/. Click on Update. Then test making and receiving calls.

Others, especially with higher Internet speeds, have reported that this has helped them:
Access the Ooma Setup Advanced page. Under Quality of Service set both the Upstream Internet speed and Down Stream Internet speed to Zero. Click on Update. Then test making and receiving calls.

Still others have reported that this works for them:
Access the Ooma Setup Advanced page. Under Quality of Service set both the Upstream Internet speed and Down Stream Internet speed to a higher value, about 1000 Kbps higher, than the maximum measured speeds as measured by http://www.speedtest.net/. Click on Update. Then test making and receiving calls.
#84265 by Toots
Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 am
thunderbird, I thank you so much for the detailed instructions for the ooma uVerset setup.

Think you answered all my questions.

Toots
#89554 by itsme28
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm
I have installed Ooma connecting to Uverse modem/router and the phone line is working ok. But I want to port my ph number next and need to know how to physically connect to the existing ph line (now provided by Uverse). Help please.
#89556 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 pm
itsme28 wrote:I have installed Ooma connecting to Uverse modem/router and the phone line is working ok. But I want to port my ph number next and need to know how to physically connect to the existing ph line (now provided by Uverse). Help please.

I think Uverse takes up a phone line just like DSL so look here: viewtopic.php?t=10553#p73638
#89557 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm
Toots, I've seen people get rid of uverse/ooma voice quality issues by resetting uverse device firewall; although no settings change, apparently fixes voice quality issues: viewtopic.php?t=12154
#113936 by ameneses54
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:26 am
lbmofo wrote:Toots, I've seen people get rid of uverse/ooma voice quality issues by resetting uverse device firewall; although no settings change, apparently fixes voice quality issues: viewtopic.php?t=12154

I'd really appreciate it if you told us how to reset the firewall on the 2wire router. I've looked and can't figure it out.