Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84233 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 am
richard7 wrote:Thank you, thunderbird.

I changed to a Modem-Router-Ooma connection per your suggestion and after twelve hours, both my internet connection and Ooma Telo are operating just fine. My internet speed in this configuration tests at 7 mbps with 0% packet loss, a 33 ms ping and a 5ms jitter.

The voice quality seems fine, but I've not tested it extensively.

Do you suggest remaining in this configuration? If so, what Telo settings do you recommend for optimum voice quality?

If you recommend returning to the Modem-Ooma-Router set-up, what settings/changes do you suggest? Thanks again.

I have my home Ooma setup connected Modem-Router-Ooma and works great.

Yes, if your Ooma device and home LAN are working fine, and you don't have any major problems with it, leave it as it is.

Some people say that Apple Router's don't provide Quality of Service VoIP priority for Ooma devices connected behind the router. But they are always quick to say that the Modem-Router-Ooma connection still works very well.

You may have some minor QoS problems, with this connection that can be corrected by making adjustments in Ooma Setup, but it looks like you major problems may be over.