Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84059 by thusband
Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 pm
My Telo is installed behind my Uverse router/modem as per Ooma instructions (router/modem to Ooma Internet port and PC to Ooma Home port). I also have Roku wired to the router/modem but since installing Ooma Roku rebuffers so much it can't be watched. I put Ooma in the DMZ did a speed test which showed 18-19 Mpbs down and 1.35 Mpbs up. I adjusted QoS down to 80% and still Roku rebuffers. I did Ooma at 75% and no go. Now it's at 65% and Roku is still no better. Qos is now at 845 kbps upstream and 11000 kbps downstream. I rebooted Ooma after each change. How low can I go with Ooma? Could there be something else going on here?

Thanks
#84071 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:34 pm
thusband wrote:My Telo is installed behind my Uverse router/modem as per Ooma instructions (router/modem to Ooma Internet port and PC to Ooma Home port). I also have Roku wired to the router/modem but since installing Ooma Roku rebuffers so much it can't be watched. I put Ooma in the DMZ did a speed test which showed 18-19 Mpbs down and 1.35 Mpbs up. I adjusted QoS down to 80% and still Roku rebuffers. I did Ooma at 75% and no go. Now it's at 65% and Roku is still no better. Qos is now at 845 kbps upstream and 11000 kbps downstream. I rebooted Ooma after each change. How low can I go with Ooma? Could there be something else going on here?

Thanks

Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbps download and 265 kbps upload.