Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#84040 by odonnell42
Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 am
I recently installed ATT Uverse for internet service. The service comes with line filters for wall jacks and a l1 l2 splitter for the wall jack that the 2wire modem/router attaches to. The NIB box has the white with orange wire attached to the green screw and the orange with white to the red screw. The white and blue wires are snipped and not connected to any screws. The wall jack that the 2wire modem/router is attached has an l1 l2 splitter and the 2wire is connected to the l2 connector. I tried conneting Ooma to the l1 side of the splitter but did not get the Ooma dial tone on any of the other wall jacks. However, when I connected Ooma to a wall jack other than the one with the L1 l2 splitter, I got a dial tone on the other wall jacks. Since my wife isn't happy with the phone extension cord I have running to the wall jack in another room, what do I need to do to get the L1 side of the splitter to work?
#84664 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:31 pm
When you connected your Ooma to the L1 side of the splitter and Ooma dialtone distro didn't work, are you sure you connected Ooma's "phone" port to L1?

Unless your wallplate is not wired properly, maybe the splitter you have is faulty.

Try another splitter such as this one and see:
#84890 by odonnell42
Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 am
I had the phone cable installed to the phone port of Ooma. I will check out another splitter but I have a suspicion that the wiring in the wall plate is the problem. At one time this wall plate had a different phone number from the rest of the house, in fact the installer from ATT asked me if we ever had an additional phone line activated. I find it odd however that I was connected to the same wall plate when I had phone service from cable and my other wall plates worked just fine.