Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#83649 by drhiii
Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm
I have read backwards and mebbe am slow, but am not quite getting if this is possible....

I have a new Telo. Works great. It is connected to a wireless set of phones. No problem. Works well.

Am looking to enable the second line option for outgoing calls. That is all I care about. Not two line incoming. If my missus is on Line 1, I'd like to be able to pick up another handset and dialout while she is chatting.

Is this possible with a set of non-Ooma handsets, meaning regular phones? Or, to enable the two line dialout ability, do I need to acquire an Ooma handset and be able to use the regular phones as well? Or, do I need to go the Hub or Scout route to enable two line dialing out capability?

Obviously I'd like to be able to enable two line dial out with regular phones since I have them. Possible? Or, what is the minimum I need to enable two line dialing out?

tx all. Ooma has been a very nice technology so far. Trust me, I was MORE than happy to say bye bye to Qwest who sold their cell service last year which should have cut my bill, but somehow I am now paying more for less service. Doesn't compute. Ooma to the rescue. Has worked a peach....

tx
#83651 by murphy
Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:14 am
drhiii wrote:I have read backwards and mebbe am slow, but am not quite getting if this is possible....

I have a new Telo. Works great. It is connected to a wireless set of phones. No problem. Works well.

Am looking to enable the second line option for outgoing calls. That is all I care about. Not two line incoming. If my missus is on Line 1, I'd like to be able to pick up another handset and dialout while she is chatting.

Is this possible with a set of non-Ooma handsets, meaning regular phones? Or, to enable the two line dialout ability, do I need to acquire an Ooma handset and be able to use the regular phones as well? Or, do I need to go the Hub or Scout route to enable two line dialing out capability?

Obviously I'd like to be able to enable two line dial out with regular phones since I have them. Possible? Or, what is the minimum I need to enable two line dialing out?

tx all. Ooma has been a very nice technology so far. Trust me, I was MORE than happy to say bye bye to Qwest who sold their cell service last year which should have cut my bill, but somehow I am now paying more for less service. Doesn't compute. Ooma to the rescue. Has worked a peach....

tx

With a Telo you must have a Telo handset to have two calls in progress at the same time.

With a hub and a Scout you can have two simultaneous calls using a phone connected to the Hub and another phone connected to the Scout. You can't use multiple cordless handsets connected to the same cordless base unless the cordless phone system is a two line system.

In both cases you must be a Premier subscriber.