Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#83043 by timmytime
Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 pm
I have the Telo. I registered online with the activation number on the bottom of the unit, not entirely sure if it's correct mine has either a O or 0 not sure which but can't seem to get to a place where I can see which I am registered with and change it. I did get the email confirming registration though. Removed the ethernet cable from my modem going to router and plugged it into home network port on the telo connected the other end to the internet port on my dlink router. Connected To internet port to ethernet port on mode then connected a cordless phone base to phone port on telo. Powered up.Lights on router,modem and some on telo came on(volume, brightness, page,line 2 ,delete, save) system status didn't come on. Waited 20 minutes no red status or any status lights came on. Turned off power modem and router come on but nothing on telo comes on but the lights on the ethernet plugs in back of telo.

I am sure it a simple solution but none of the suggestions in the start up go over no lights coming on on the Telo. :?
#83046 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:11 pm
timmytime wrote:I have the Telo. I registered online with the activation number on the bottom of the unit, not entirely sure if it's correct mine has either a O or 0 not sure which but can't seem to get to a place where I can see which I am registered with and change it. I did get the email confirming registration though. Removed the ethernet cable from my modem going to router and plugged it into home network port on the telo connected the other end to the internet port on my dlink router. Connected To internet port to ethernet port on mode then connected a cordless phone base to phone port on telo. Powered up.Lights on router,modem and some on telo came on(volume, brightness, page,line 2 ,delete, save) system status didn't come on. Waited 20 minutes no red status or any status lights came on. Turned off power modem and router come on but nothing on telo comes on but the lights on the ethernet plugs in back of telo.

I am sure it a simple solution but none of the suggestions in the start up go over no lights coming on on the Telo. :?

Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and Router. Wait five minutes. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done booting, repower the Router.

When you are checking Status, after booting the Ooma Telo as far as it will go, are you typing http:172.27.35.1 in computer browser window. Click on status, there should be an IP address and showing connected, to the right of TO INTERNET port:.......................Connected: [ xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx ], and see if the Ooma tunnel is connected.
If To Internet Port: shows an IP address, but the Ooma Tunnel show Disconnected, you have to call Ooma Customer Service as suggested in post above, to report the Ooma Tunnel disconected.
If you don't see an IP address (Shows Disconnected), the connection between the Modem and Ooma Telo is not configured properly.
Either the network cable is the wrong type, (defective or phone cable instead of network cable) or If DSl using PPPoE, some providers require a name and password to be entered in the Ooma Telo Setup Internet page.
#83061 by timmytime
Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 am
I tried the steps thunderbird suggested to no avail as the Telo doesn't have any lights on the face coming on,the ports in the back for the cables show the small led in them but thats it. Also looked at my info suggested by lbmofo the mac address matches the one on my telo. :?
#83064 by thunderbird
Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 am
timmytime wrote:I tried the steps thunderbird suggested to no avail as the Telo doesn't have any lights on the face coming on,the ports in the back for the cables show the small led in them but thats it. Also looked at my info suggested by lbmofo the mac address matches the one on my telo. :?

One last try:
There is a light button, that looks like a Sun, for setting light intensity, on the face of the Telo, that you can press to see some of the lights.

Did you try to access the Ooma Setup pages with you computer by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. You have to let the Ooma Telo boot as far as it will go first.
If the Ooma Setup pages open, click on Internet. To the right of Connection type: click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Go to the bottom of page and click on Update device. Reboot the Modem. Then when the Modem is done booting, reboot the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't do it, call Ooma Customer Service.
#83127 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm
timmytime wrote:Yes I tried all of that so I need to call customer service. Thanks for the help! :D

Ooma will probably want you to do some testing for them. But if that fails:

If your Ooma device is within the one year warranty period, Ooma will send you another Ooma Telo prepaid, with a prepaid mailing label to send back the defective Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST