Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#82842 by nguyenjon92
Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm
I got the Ooma. I set it up, and activated it online. I got the My Ooma account set on here already. The only thing is, there is still a red flashing on the Ooma. It's been like that for an hour. Any reasons?
#82843 by thunderbird
Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 pm
nguyenjon92 wrote:I got the Ooma. I set it up, and activated it online. I got the My Ooma account set on here already. The only thing is, there is still a red flashing on the Ooma. It's been like that for an hour. Any reasons?

The Ooma device probably isn't seeing the Internet. Make sure you are using a network cable connected from the Modem to the Ooma device's Internet port. Make sure the network cable isn't a phone cable, they are easy to mix up.
Remove power from the Modem, Ooma device, and the router.
Repower everything, starting with the Modem. When the Modem is done re-powering, re-power the Ooma Device or router whichever is connected next in line. When the Ooma device or router is done re-powering, re-power the Router or Ooma device whichever is connected next in line.
#82855 by ntoy
Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:56 am
nguyenjon92 wrote:I got the Ooma. I set it up, and activated it online. I got the My Ooma account set on here already. The only thing is, there is still a red flashing on the Ooma. It's been like that for an hour. Any reasons?

Hello,

Your account shows that you registered with Landline integration. In order for your telo to go online, you will
need to plug in your active phone line to the "Wall" port on the back of the Ooma telo. If you would like to switch to
a temporary number with Ooma, please contact our support folks to make the switch.