Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#82794 by mainegearhead
Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:42 pm
I set up my Telo Handset and now it says "Software Update" and then "HS SW Update".
It only tries to update for a second or two then says "Handset update failed. Please try again."
I have no other useable functionality. I can turn it off and back on, but it then goes right to software update again.
I am connected to the internet and send this e-mail through my cable modem that the device is connected to.

Any thoughts?
#82796 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:40 pm
mainegearhead wrote:I set up my Telo Handset and now it says "Software Update" and then "HS SW Update".
It only tries to update for a second or two then says "Handset update failed. Please try again."
I have no other useable functionality. I can turn it off and back on, but it then goes right to software update again.
I am connected to the internet and send this e-mail through my cable modem that the device is connected to.

Any thoughts?

Try setting up your Ooma Telo handset again, instructions at the following site.
http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... /related/1

If the Ooma Telo handset still is not working try connecting another phone to the Ooma Telo Phone port for regular use while you find out about the Ooma Telo handset.

Then contact Ooma Customer Support to try to get your Ooma Telo handset problem corrected:
Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#82799 by mainegearhead
Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:24 pm
I am unable to set it up again as the update process will not allow me any function but turning it off and then back on. I cannot enter any digits.
I will call customer support.
I even tried removing the batter and reinstalling, but it did not work.
#82820 by gotok
Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 pm
You can try a factory reset per this post:
http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10782&p=75053&hilit=handset+reset#p75053
At this point, it seems like you don't have much to lose.

1. Hold down red button until handset goes off (about 3 seconds).
2. Press the red power button and before the display lights show up hold down the 0 key and left soft key at the same time (left soft key is the button above the green phone key).
3. Handset will be in registration mode and can be re-registered to your Telo unit.
#83826 by jzicc
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm
I;m in the same situation ---
BTW I tried the above and it did not work

support said just give it 30 minutes (after we went through rebooting etc)...

HOW DID YOU FIX YOURS?