Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#82284 by bdiaz
Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 am
Before I purchased a Telo, sales told me that I could port my local number even though Ooma had no local numbers in the area. Yesterday I get an email from the port dept stating that my number cannot be ported due to no coverage in the area by carriers.

So after I received the email I checked the website again. Now there are local number available in my area. I called customer service about the possibility of porting now that there are local numbers. They said there should not be a problem since there are local numbers. I just need to resubmit the port. So I did yesterday. Guess what?? Denied again! They replied: After further research it has come to our attention that our carrier does not have coverage to port numbers in your rate center.

My question is, even though Ooma has local numbers now as of two days ago, I cannot port due to the carrier having no coverage?

I would just like to know what answer is. Portable or not? Customer service says one thing and the port dept says another. I could live with a new local number to get rid of expensive Qwest.
#82287 by lbmofo
Thu May 26, 2011 12:04 pm
Private Message ntoy or Bobby B for help.
#82309 by bdiaz
Thu May 26, 2011 3:28 pm
After being on hold for awhile still the same thing. Now customer service says to try again in two weeks and it might go through. This is kind of BS. So now I have to pay Qwest for another two weeks to try again??? All I want is an answer. If the number portable or not?
#82321 by lbmofo
Thu May 26, 2011 5:09 pm
Did ntoy or Bobby B respond? I think your situation warrants intervention from one of them in order to solve it faster.
#82323 by bdiaz
Thu May 26, 2011 5:29 pm
lbmofo wrote:Did ntoy or Bobby B respond? I think your situation warrants intervention from one of them in order to solve it faster.

Not yet. I sent them both a message. Probably busy with the holiday weekend.
#82372 by Bobby B
Fri May 27, 2011 10:56 am
Bill from our porting team called and emailed you this morning. He just needs to know the actual phone number you were trying to port.
#82375 by bdiaz
Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 am
Thanks. I was fishing in my boat when he called. I don't get good service on the lake. I sent him an email back. I am headedout again. Thank you for helping.