Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#82097 by ceceliahmanley
Tue May 24, 2011 2:26 pm
I asked during those 4-5 CS calls for the decoupling of my dsl account fr land line - had read the posts and articles beforehand - AT&T refused to do it. I am sorry there is such monopolistic abuse of customers on their part. Now I'm even sorrier to learn cable's my one and only option besides them.
#82099 by kenepp1
Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 pm
ceceliahmanley

Rubbish. The tech is setting my dry-loop up under a different account and still in my name. He said it did not matter that I only had the one line.

In your case, you are too late for my setup. However, after the porting, at the very least you can go on-line and order dry-loop at the reduced rate. If you check that you do not need any additional equipment, nor a tech to set you up, it will only cost the monthly rate. It only cost $200, if you are reinstating your original service. Since you may not have DSL after the porting, you may have to use another computer and it may take at least 5 days.
#82678 by kenepp1
Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:16 pm
Today was D-day for porting (6/3). I returned from my golf game (shot 82; beginning of a good day :cool: ) at 11:45 a.m. to find an AT&T truck parked in front of my house with the tech sitting in it. He met me and said the landline was disconnnected and my 6.0 download speed dry-loop was getting to the modem. He gave me a card with phone numbers in case I had problems and left. I opened Internet Explorer, checked emails, etc., with no change in process, other than a higher DSL speed. I need to register the new account after 8:00 p.m. tonight.

I received an email from OOMA at 3:05 p.m. saying my number had been ported, and to reboot the TELO for the latest software. I checked the phone before I did the reboot and it worked as before. After reboot, the TELO lights all went out and that worried me until I hit the dimmer button and they came on again. I called my cell phone to see what number showed up and it was my ported number. Everything seems to be working.

Everything went really smooth. Porting and dry-loop the same day worked for me! :D
#82718 by kenepp1
Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:10 am
Well, I did have one hiccup when I went to register the new DSL account. I had to take the modem out of bridge mode to get the ATT software to recognize for the new account. The lady knew how to take it out of bridge mode, but did not know how to get it back in. She keep arguing with me that I had to call Linksys. I finally hung up and called tech support again. It took me 2 other calls to reach someone that knew what was required. It was simple once I reached a knowledgable tech. (I wish she had told me that before I reset it).

Lesson learned: If you are talking tech support on a VOIP phone, do not let the tech tell you to disconnect your router from the modem. CALL ON YOUR CELL PHONE....duh. :shock:
#82893 by eswalker
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 pm
I have to tell my AT&T porting story... I did plenty of research before hand. Because of my setup, I was not able to do a dry-loop setup before the number port. After several calls to support, I was told I could expedite the new DSL service after my number was ported. Was told it could happen in 48 hours. I verified this on two separate calls. The port was so happened to be the last day of a family cruise (6/3). On the way, I checked my port status and it was in progress. I called up the fast access sales line from my cell and started the process for new service. It went smoothly and when the installation date came back it was 6/8. SO MUCH for the 48 hours... No amount of pleading could move that date up. We got home late so we unpacked and went to bed. In the morning, I noticed that I still had a DSL Sync light. Sure enough, I was still connected. AT&T just disabled my old user ID. After several calls to Tech Support, and being told many, many lies about not being connected, I got a very nice person who directed me to the AT&T registration page. I was able to reactivate my old account, put my new network password back into the modem and I was back on the web. According to AT&T this was impossible because the technician still had to physically wire my service. Whatever. I've been up and running since Saturday and my official installation date was today. Never believe what they tell you!