Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#81844 by garfgarf
Sat May 21, 2011 5:35 pm
I have a Hub, no router, Time Warner cable/modem, have connected everything correctly, I think: Ooma ethernet cable from modem to MODEM port on hub; computer ethernet cable from computer to HOME port on hub. Both MODEM and HOME ports have one green light. MODEM also has an unevenly-flashing yellow light. I have turned everything off 4 times and re-started, waited 2 hours twice to get the blue light on the Ooma tab and a dial tone, even unplugged and started over and gave the modem 20 minutes to boot, but still have the flashing light on the tab. In addition, buttons 1, 2, "play" and "fast forward" are lit red. I do have an internet connection (obviously). Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? Thanks!
#81854 by lbmofo
Sat May 21, 2011 8:09 pm
To post here, did you have to take Ooma out of your setup?

Does your modem have battery backup? Need to remove those to really power down modem.
#81857 by thunderbird
Sat May 21, 2011 10:07 pm
garfgarf wrote:I have a Hub, no router, Time Warner cable/modem, have connected everything correctly, I think: Ooma ethernet cable from modem to MODEM port on hub; computer ethernet cable from computer to HOME port on hub. Both MODEM and HOME ports have one green light. MODEM also has an unevenly-flashing yellow light. I have turned everything off 4 times and re-started, waited 2 hours twice to get the blue light on the Ooma tab and a dial tone, even unplugged and started over and gave the modem 20 minutes to boot, but still have the flashing light on the tab. In addition, buttons 1, 2, "play" and "fast forward" are lit red. I do have an internet connection (obviously). Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? Thanks!

Can you access the Internet with a network cable connected from the Ooma Hub Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer?

After temporarily turning Wi-Fi off in the computer, and a computer reboot, and allowing the Ooma Hub to boot as far as it will go, try typing http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open. Find Internet connection and set to Automatic. Find MAC address and change it from Automatic to Use Built-In. Click on Update and reboot the Modem and Ooma Hub.
#81867 by garfgarf
Sun May 22, 2011 6:06 am
Ibmofo, thank you for the reminder that the battery had to be removed to fully shut down the modem. You'd think I could have thought of that after seeing that not all the little green lights went out when I unplugged it. Thanks again.