Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#81796 by jlnc
Fri May 20, 2011 5:03 pm
The ATT guy came and set up our dry loop DSL. Since he knew we were moving to VOIP, he went ahead and disconnected the phone/old DSL from our house. Our phone number account is still open and ours, so it should port correctly, but we have no dial tone to any of our phones and the technician assured us that we are running the new dry loop DSL. I thought that this would mean I was good to go on setting up the ooma dialtone to the other phones and just use my temporary phone number while I wait for the port. However, we can't get it to work. We've followed the setup for homes without a landline and the best we got was what sounded like the tone when a phone is off the hook. What are we doing wrong? If we can't get ooma to work on more than 1 phone, then I want to know before our real number ports. We have the Telo and it works great when we follow the 1 phone setup. Thanks for any help.
#81800 by lbmofo
Fri May 20, 2011 5:45 pm
Do you know if the technician messed with your walljack plate at the modem to use your 2nd pair? Or are you setup to have DSL come in the house using the 1st pair?

You have to distribute your Ooma dialtone via an un-used pair. If your DSL is on 1st, then use the 2nd and vice versa.

viewtopic.php?t=10553&p=73176#p73638
#81802 by jlnc
Fri May 20, 2011 6:18 pm
I know the technician didn't mess with the wall jack because he never came in the house. Not sure sure the dsl is set up to use the first or second pair, but thanks for the input as we now have something to look into.