Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#81319 by scots
Fri May 13, 2011 10:26 am
I notice on the list of rates under Device Reactivation Fee it says (transfer of ownership). Does the $79.99 fee apply even if the original owner is reactivating it, or is it only if it's transferred to a new owner?
#81329 by lbmofo
Fri May 13, 2011 11:42 am
That would be for any reactivation.

Keep in mind, just taking your device offline isn't deactivation.

Deactivation happens when Ooma cancels your account (for non tax payment for example) or you cancel your account.
#81337 by EA PA
Fri May 13, 2011 12:33 pm
lbmofo wrote:That would be for any reactivation.

Deactivation happens when Ooma cancels your account (for non tax payment for example) or you cancel your account.

Factory refurbs do not incur the reactivation fee according to one of the forum heads... who was it.... :?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11447&p=80080&hilit=reactivation#p80073
#81357 by lbmofo
Fri May 13, 2011 5:23 pm
EA PA wrote:one of the forum heads... who was it.... :?

You mean the Knuckle kind? :P
#81371 by scots
Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 pm

My account wasn't canceled. It was transferred over to a Telo. Was thinking about maybe using the Hub again also.
#81376 by murphy
Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am
scots wrote:

My account wasn't canceled. It was transferred over to a Telo. Was thinking about maybe using the Hub again also.

Your account on the hub was effectively canceled when the account was moved to the Telo. Ooma's recommendation in this case was to give the hub to a friend or relative who would pay the activation fee to open a new account. You can't have two devices on the same account so to reactivate the hub would require Ooma to create a new account for it.
#81380 by EA PA
Sat May 14, 2011 3:53 am
lbmofo wrote:
EA PA wrote:one of the forum heads... who was it.... :?

You mean the Knuckle kind? :P

Certainly not! I respect all of your great input (even with 1 less grey hair).