Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#80695 by lucripet
Wed May 04, 2011 2:00 pm
I have never used this type of communication so I hope I do this correctly.
Here is my issue. I purchased a Hub and Scout. I have the Hub activated and it is working properly. I have two separate phone numbers one is for faxes the other telephone. I intend to port both current numbers as I do not want or need a different fax or phone number.
I want my fax to work with my current number (dedicated) until ported. Is there a way to configure the Scout to work with both my current number and the temporary one I get on Ooma.
#80708 by lbmofo
Wed May 04, 2011 5:34 pm
Welcome to Ooma.

In order to maximize fax success, fax machine has to be hooked up to the Hub; even then, some folks still have issues faxing. Scout is not good for faxing.

Are you in landline integration mode? (using your current number with your Ooma)

If landline integration mode, all incoming calls and local/toll free outgoing calls are via landline so your fax tests may not be valid.

If you are running in standalone mode (got a number assigned from Ooma), then you can forward your landline over to your Ooma number (if you have this feature on your landline; rare deluxe service).
#80971 by lucripet
Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 am
BigCrumbs,
Thank you for responding. I do not have landline integration nor plan on it as my plan is to port both of my current landline numbers over to Ooma, once, and if, I get this thing sorted out. My desire is to cut all of my AT&T service except for U-Verse internet. One of the two numbers that I want to port was/is to be for the fax only. I was told by the Ooma sales rep that Hub and Scout would be the best way to go. So what I was trying to set up is some way to integrate my current landline and the Scout to work simultaneously. That way I can still receive faxes that come over the landline and also in the mean time I can test the Scout using the number they give me to see if it works before I commit to it full time.