Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#80458 by jeadams
Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm
I have also having fax problems
I have fax enabled in the preferences tab
I dial with *99
The other fax machine answers but I always get an error "The remote fax machine did not respond in time and the call was terminated"
I have reduced the baud rate and turned off error correction
I have changed every advanced modem setting and cannot find the right combination
Modem is a Conexant D850 running Windows 7 64 bit.
For those of you that can fax with OOMA using a computer, can you tell me what modem you are using?
Thanks, Jim.
#80473 by thunderbird
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:39 am
Following is a site that may help with VoIP faxing. It contains general instructions for fax setup, and setup instructions for various brand name fax machines.

http://www.voipmechanic.com/faxingissue ... evices.htm

One suggestion that sounds promising is as follows:

Try placing a DSL filter in "reverse position" between the ATA (Ooma Device) and the fax machine (to cut down on "noise").

Faxing using Ooma phone service is just hit and miss until Ooma impliments faxing modes, "Store and Forward FoIP (T.37) fax standard", or "Real Time FoIP (T.38) fax standard".

Also view topic:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11405
#80480 by jeadams
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:38 am
Yes this is very frustrating! I can send a fax to Fax Toy which is out of state using the maximum baud rate and error correction, but cannot hit a fax machine 8 miles from me using all the tricks. I did discover that dialing using ,*99, is a little better as it inserts a pause before the number. I hope ooma does the protocol upgrade as you suggest. Thanks for the replay