Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#80358 by KCChiefs
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm
I've taken the wall jack out of the picture by taking a phone cord and plugging them directly in to each other in the wall ports.
#80359 by murphy
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:06 pm
KCChiefs wrote:I've taken the wall jack out of the picture by taking a phone cord and plugging them directly in to each other in the wall ports.

I'm talking about the wall jacks on the Ooma hub and on the Ooma Telo. Note that they are labeled "Wall".
#80363 by KCChiefs
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:19 pm
Right, I took a singe phone cord and plugged it into the Hub's "wall' port and plugged the other end into the Scout's 'wall' port.
#80368 by murphy
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:26 pm
KCChiefs wrote:Right, I took a singe phone cord and plugged it into the Hub's "wall' port and plugged the other end into the Scout's 'wall' port.

Did you inspect the wall jacks on the hub and scout for damaged wires and foreign material like I asked?
#80382 by nn5i
Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:56 pm
murphy wrote:Did you inspect the wall jacks on the hub and scout for damaged wires and foreign material like I asked?

Everything on'em is foreign.
#80441 by Schwulmon
Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:42 am
So did you have red lights on your Hub as well? My Hub works just fine w/ no red lights lit up unless I have a message or line open. The Scout is the only one that has the lights lit up on the bottom row.

I think they were checking that the top tab light was blue on the hub with the 4 red lights on the scout. My hub also worked fine before they replaced it. It was just the scout that was not working.
#82011 by ulbhpy
Mon May 23, 2011 5:41 pm
My scout has been working for over a year now.

Last night there was weather around my area and my scout quit working. All 4 lights at the bottom and tab are red. My hub is working fine and we are able make and receive calls using phone attached to hub. All are plugged into surge protected outlet strips.

I bought a brand new scout today and it shows same symptoms. I tried restarting router & wait till is fully up, power up hub & wait till blue tab and then power up scout connected directly with a brand new wire. None of tips in forum worked after repeated attempts.

Seems like my hub has problem like an earlier poster suggested. While it is past the one year warranty my amex provides addditional year warranty and that may be the route to take. I also emailed ooma support and waiting for their response.

Any suggestions are appreciated.