Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#80335 by KCChiefs
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 am
I have the Ooma Hub and the Scout. My Scout has quit working when it previously had. It shows the last row lit up. I've searched the forums for some trouble shooting put still having issues. I plugged the Hub and Scout together directly from the wall-to-wall connections to eliminate home wiring. I also did a system reset, by holding down the Ooma tab while it was booting up, and still showing the bottom row lit up. I'm at a loss, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
#80340 by murphy
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 am
Make sure that none of the buttons are stuck in the depressed state.
#80343 by ntoy
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:53 am
Hello,

With the wall2wall test & trying a different phone wire as well may indicate something has failed on the scout.
#80352 by KCChiefs
Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:55 am
Thanks guys. I've tried those items and still doesn't work. I figured it might have to be replaced. Ebay was my next option.
#80353 by Schwulmon
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 pm
It may not be the Scout, but rather the Hub. This happened to me about a year ago after a thunder storm went through my area. The bottom row of lights stayed on. I contacted customer service and after sending them several pictures of my setup, they sent out a new hub. Long story short, the Scout worked fine after the Hub was replaced.
#80354 by KCChiefs
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:40 pm
Guess there probably isn't a way to know if its the Hub or the Scout for sure then? I'd had to buy a Scout and it still not work.
#80355 by Schwulmon
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:44 pm
I would still contact customer service. After they saw my emailed pictures of what the lights looked like on both the hub and the scout, they were able to make the determination that it was the hub.
#80356 by KCChiefs
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:52 pm
So did you have red lights on your Hub as well? My Hub works just fine w/ no red lights lit up unless I have a message or line open. The Scout is the only one that has the lights lit up on the bottom row.
#80357 by murphy
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:03 pm
The four bottom lights lit on a scout means that it can't communicate with the hub.
Check the wall jack on the hub and the scout to verify that the 4 wires are parallel to each other and not bent out of position and that there is no foreign matter in the jack. Compare with the phone jack. They should look exactly the same.