Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#80290 by MSV_NC
Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 am
I installed my Ooma Telo about 4 weeks ago. I elected to integrate it with my landline when initially set up, as I wanted to be sure it would work well with my internet connection, and to meet my other needs. Satisfied that it would, I initiated a number port, moving my service from AT&T to Ooma, with Premier service. The porting is set to complete this week, and I'll be using the Ooma exclusively. What, if anything, do I need to do to repeat the set-up so the Telo so it doesn't think I'm trying to integrate with the (soon-to-be-dead) landline?
#80319 by southsound
Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 pm
Some have found that they needed to reboot their ooma system after the port to have it draw a new profile from ooma's servers. It never hurts but might help.
#80336 by highq
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am
southsound wrote:Some have found that they needed to reboot their ooma system after the port to have it draw a new profile from ooma's servers. It never hurts but might help.

You got me there, Robin. Of what does a "profile fom ooma's servers" consist?
#80338 by southsound
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:23 am
highq wrote: You got me there, Robin. Of what does a "profile fom ooma's servers" consist?

JP,

I'm not sure exactly what is in the profile but I believe it includes some call routing information that is used by the system for outgoing calls and also the path for incoming calls. I only know of it because of a previous post from either Dennis P or one of the other moderators. I might have some time later to do a search of old posts. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Cheers :cool:
#80349 by flyjfdi
Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 am
I had my port away from AT&T on my Telo Hub without incident. I was given a date by Ooma, and at 6am I got the email saying that the porting was complete, my landline was in fact dead, and all I had to do was power cycle my Telo. It was completely painless and I'm saving $153 a month from AT&T... Whats not to love?

Doing my second porting this week on an Ooma Hub. Ill let you all know how the hub goes to see if there is any difference between that at my Telo. After that goes, then its BYE BYE BYE AT&T and Hello savings of over $300 a month! Yeah...Thats why I love me some Ooma.
#80350 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:41 am
southsound wrote:
highq wrote: You got me there, Robin. Of what does a "profile fom ooma's servers" consist?

JP,

I'm not sure exactly what is in the profile but I believe it includes some call routing information that is used by the system for outgoing calls and also the path for incoming calls. I only know of it because of a previous post from either Dennis P or one of the other moderators. I might have some time later to do a search of old posts. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Cheers :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOimXatR3aI

Listen to Dennis talk about Edge (vs. Central Softswitch) = Telo: Linux, Dual Core, 1GB Flash, 256MB RAM...
I think Hub is Edge too.