Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#79939 by sean
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:58 am
I looked the Quick Start Guide and it tells me that the logo not lighting up is a sign that the device is not powered on. I can see the top 3 lights blinking (volume, brightness, and page). I can also brightly see the 1 & 2 lit up along with the trash/delete button and save/mail buttons. The bottom row of lights come up when I power the device up (cycling through sequentially but they eventually turn off). But the logo is not blue or red or doing anything.

I get no internet either. I can remove the the Ooma from the equation and my internet works fine from the modem to Airport. Everything worked for well over a year. I went to South Africa for 3 weeks and came home to this not working. Nothing was touched. I am perplexed. I am currently just removing the Ooma and having calls forwarded. I have tried restarting every device. I have tried removing Airport and just getting the modem to Ooma working. All to no avail. Help please.
#79940 by thunderbird
Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 am
sean:
Some Ideas:
With your Ooma setup Modem-Ooma, make sure that you are using a network cable to connect between the modem and the Ooma device's Internet port. Some people get confused and use the phone cord, for this connection and it won't work. The network cable has a little bigger plug on the ends, as compared to the phone cord plugs. Reboot the modem and than the the Ooma device.

Also there is a brightness button, located middle top row of buttons, tht you may need to push up to four times on the face of the Ooma device to bring up the lights. The new firmware has voice and beeps when buttoms are pushed.

Are you using DSL? You may have to setup your Ooma differently.

You could try connecting your Ooma device behind your router to see if it powers up (Modem-Router-Ooma). A new firmware was released and it may take a while for the latest firmware updates. Connect a network cable from one of your router's LAN ports to the Internet connection on you Ooma device.

You may have to go into Ooma Setup to make sure the Internet setting is set to Automatic.
#79947 by ntoy
Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 am
sean wrote:I looked the Quick Start Guide and it tells me that the logo not lighting up is a sign that the device is not powered on. I can see the top 3 lights blinking (volume, brightness, and page). I can also brightly see the 1 & 2 lit up along with the trash/delete button and save/mail buttons. The bottom row of lights come up when I power the device up (cycling through sequentially but they eventually turn off). But the logo is not blue or red or doing anything.

I get no internet either. I can remove the the Ooma from the equation and my internet works fine from the modem to Airport. Everything worked for well over a year. I went to South Africa for 3 weeks and came home to this not working. Nothing was touched. I am perplexed. I am currently just removing the Ooma and having calls forwarded. I have tried restarting every device. I have tried removing Airport and just getting the modem to Ooma working. All to no avail. Help please.

Hello sean,

Your box appears to be up.