Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#5747 by oldanbo
Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:17 pm
I have my ooma hub connected as shown on page 30 of the user guide (directly to router). Why does it take the hub so long to "boot up"?

It's been 2 hours and the ooma tab is still flashing red and the right side top 4 buttons are red. The router can "see" the hub as the green light for that router connection is lit up.

As a side issue, when I connected the router behind the ooma hub I could not send email from either of two pc's connected to the router. I could receive email but not send. There was an error message referring to a port 25 not being available. I think the message was referring to an smtp port, but don't hold me to that.

TIA,
Dan
#5750 by bryanlyle
Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:54 pm
Something obviously isn't right. The boot time should be 30 seconds or less. I wish I could help more than that, but I am still trying to figure this stuff out myself.
#5756 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:18 pm
Has ooma worked ever? or is this a new issue.

Wayne
#5759 by oldanbo
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Well, I went back and connected the hub as the manual shows on page 29 and it fired up in less than a minute.

But, now I can only receive and not send email again. Here is the message I get.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: Topic reply notification - "hub "boot" time"', Account: 'pop3.XXXXX.com', Server: 'smtp.XXXXX.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

I am able to send and receive email with the ooma hub out of the loop. The X's in the message are mine, changed to protect the innocent. :-)

Thanks again,
Dan
#5911 by tommies
Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 pm
I just want to verify
page 29 m setup: modem>ooma>router
page 30 m setup: modem>router>ooma or intergrated modem+router>ooma

Which router do you using? brand and model? at this I can only guess it looks like a firewall issue. Do you have any firewall running in the router?

Mine (a cheap airlink) works out of the box(w/ default setting) for both setup

t's been 2 hours and the ooma tab is still flashing red and the right side top 4 buttons are red. The router can "see" the hub as the green light for that router connection is lit up.

the light pattern indicate that:
[1]&[2] the ooma hub is unable to register to the ooma network
[trash]&[envelop] the ooma hub cannot get a network connection.

network connection is a lot more than that of lit led on the rj45 jack.

BTW, anytime you change the setup, you need to power cycle the whole set, starting with the modem and then down the connection chart
#5943 by oldanbo
Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 am
tommies wrote:I just want to verify
page 29 m setup: modem>ooma>router
page 30 m setup: modem>router>ooma or intergrated modem+router>ooma

Which router do you using? brand and model? at this I can only guess it looks like a firewall issue. Do you have any firewall running in the router?

Mine (a cheap airlink) works out of the box(w/ default setting) for both setup

t's been 2 hours and the ooma tab is still flashing red and the right side top 4 buttons are red. The router can "see" the hub as the green light for that router connection is lit up.

the light pattern indicate that:
[1]&[2] the ooma hub is unable to register to the ooma network
[trash]&[envelop] the ooma hub cannot get a network connection.

network connection is a lot more than that of lit led on the rj45 jack.

BTW, anytime you change the setup, you need to power cycle the whole set, starting with the modem and then down the connection chart

I should probably start a new subject.

The ooma will boot from behind the cable modem or router, either way. I think you're right and I just forgot to power cycle.

My setup is either

A: cable modem to Dlink DI-624 to ooma hub.
or
B: modem to ooma hub to Dlink.

Now the problems are with setup A: email works but printer doesn't. If I disconnect ooma from Dlink, all is well (except ooma of course)

with setup B: printer works but can't send email.

I do not have a firewall enabled on Dlink in either case. I also tried assigning a static IP address to the printer in the Dlink and it made no difference in the results.

ME THINKS IT'S NARROWED DOWN TO THE OOMA HUB!

I'm not yelling at anyone here 'cept myself. lol

Thanks again

P.S. I do understand the diff between home and modem ports on the back of the ooma hub, just to eliminate that possibility. :-)
#6047 by oldanbo
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 pm
I just wanted to update this. I finally contacted ooma support via phone and they responded quickly, patiently and were helpful. They had me try a few things and ended back at configuration A.

cable modem to router to ooma.

But the printer is still a problem and I think we are all stumped. Tech is going to get back to me, I think.

Thanks again
#6049 by tommies
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm
What are your printer setup: hook into a network printer device that connects directly to the router or just a shared printer on your pc?

what's version of your os? printer brand & model?

maybe others can help
#6053 by oldanbo
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 pm
tommies wrote:What are your printer setup: hook into a network printer device that connects directly to the router or just a shared printer on your pc?

what's version of your os? printer brand & model?

maybe others can help

My apologies, I forgot to mention that. It's an HP officejet 7310xi all in one printer connected to two pc's via the ethernet hub/router(Dlink DI-624). I have been to HP's troubleshooting pages and have removed and reinstalled the printer and it's software.

Os is Vista home premium 64 bit on one pc and XP on the other. Same problem on both pc's.

Thank you for reminding me to mention that and I appreciate all the help.

TIA
#6054 by tommies
Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:02 pm
we need more info
what is the error message? Can you see/ping the printer from your pc? Post as must info as you can