Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8878 by oomg
Sat May 02, 2009 6:01 am
oomg wrote:Within the next few days, I will be installing a similar product: Monster Powernet 200

Looks like it will do the job, but I will report by way of an update once it is operational.

Update: Installed and works perfectly. Speed of other computer that had been connected by wireless router (G speed) has increased significantly... well, at least the user is no longer complaining. Monster Powernet 200 is a bit pricey, but it does work.

(I am updating to a new post since this topic has been dormant for quite a while.)
#56208 by FreePhone
Thu May 20, 2010 8:17 pm
I just got two Powernet 200's but haven't tried them with my Ooma yet. Been using it with my computer and it seems to work pretty good. The only problem I am experiencing is that we have 3 touch lamps in my house they keep turning on and off by themselves. I assume the data transfers are causing surges in my outlets. I need to find a solution for this, other than removing the lamps.
#56233 by murphy
Fri May 21, 2010 2:53 am
FreePhone wrote:I just got two Powernet 200's but haven't tried them with my Ooma yet. Been using it with my computer and it seems to work pretty good. The only problem I am experiencing is that we have 3 touch lamps in my house they keep turning on and off by themselves. I assume the data transfers are causing surges in my outlets. I need to find a solution for this, other than removing the lamps.

Try connect a lamp to the wall through a power strip that has built-in surge protection.
#56378 by FreePhone
Sat May 22, 2010 3:43 pm
murphy wrote:Try connect a lamp to the wall through a power strip that has built-in surge protection.

One the lamps was on a surge protected power strip, it didn't make any difference. Funny because no other electrical device in my house causes this to happen to these lamps.
#57437 by stephen431
Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm
oomg wrote:Monster Powernet 200

I can confirm that it works with the Netgear 200mb AV powerline kit.
I have their powerline AV kit, one version behind this one. It's cheaper than the Monster product & the additional 4-port switch is pretty nifty.