Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#79211 by RickPhil
Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 am
My TV will display caller ID info if it's connected to the phone line. How can I connect my Telo to the TV?
#79212 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:34 am
If your TV is close enough to your Ooma, then you can use one of these duplex splitters to have your phone and TV share your Ooma dialtone:

If not, you'd need to distribute Ooma dialtone throughout the house; disconnect your house wiring from the telephone company at the NIB first.

If your NIB looks like this, just unplug the modular plug.
viewtopic.php?t=10553#p73176

More info:
viewtopic.php?t=6853
#79220 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 am
RickPhil
Added comment:
Is it the TV that you plug the phone line into or is it the Dish TV, Direct TV or other entertainment provider's box?
My Dish converter box has the phone jack on it, then I had to go into the setting pages and add *99 to in front of the phone number, then I have to tell the Dish box to display the phone number on the TV, for it work correctly with the Ooma device.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#79364 by Leeway
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 am
lbmofo wrote:If your TV is close enough to your Ooma, then you can use one of these duplex splitters to have your phone and TV share your Ooma dialtone:

That's interesting, I did not know it could be done. Is there a page to see the directions/possibilities?

Can it be done with a Media PC that I have connected to Road Runner? The Media PC has a phone connection also and it is right here by my Telo.

Donna
#79936 by RickPhil
Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:47 am
Thanks for the responses. The transfer of my existing phone number is to take place tomorrow at which time I'll disconnect from ATT and plug Ooma in to my house wiring.

FYI the porting was submitted on 4/14; eight days isn't too bad.