Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#79134 by vrunda
Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 am
Hi all,

I've everything installed and working perfectly. But I may have to move out of state soon. I won't be getting a land line there. How do I go about getting Ooma working at the new place?

Thanks
#79135 by ntoy
Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 am
Hello,

Once you settle in your new place, you can log into My Ooma to update your new service address.
Then call our support folks to find a number for you.
#79143 by thunderbird
Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 pm
vrunda wrote:Hi all,

I've everything installed and working perfectly. But I may have to move out of state soon. I won't be getting a land line there. How do I go about getting Ooma working at the new place?

Thanks

One thing to think about if you continue to use Ooma Premier, and you have friends and family living in the old state, that call you often in the state that you are living in right now.

After you move and update your My Ooma etc., you could keep one of you phone numbers from the old state that you are living in right now, and change the other number to the new state area code where you will be living.

That way all of your friends and family from your old state can call the old state number and it will be a local call for them, with no long distance phone charges for them.
#83667 by vrunda
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am
Thank you for all the comments. I don't use Premier.

Do I have to surrender my current number, if so, how do I do that? If not, can I just pack up my things and go to the new State? I will be returning the rented modem back to the cable company, and get a new one at my new place. Am I missing anything?

Thanks
#83668 by lbmofo
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 am
If you want, you can keep your current number with your Ooma, plug it into broadband at your new location and everything would work as before.
#83670 by murphy
Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am
vrunda wrote:Thank you for all the comments. I don't use Premier.

Do I have to surrender my current number, if so, how do I do that? If not, can I just pack up my things and go to the new State? I will be returning the rented modem back to the cable company, and get a new one at my new place. Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Update your E911 address to the new location.