Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#78863 by jag-3
Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:28 pm
Hello everyone!

I recently dropped my residential line keeping my AT&T dsl line (dry loop).
At the NIB the DSL comes in on the bottom line so I unplugged the top jack and inside the house I placed a triplex (2 line splitter) feeding the modem line on L1 and my Telo on L2. For my other jack where I'd like to have another phone I installed another triplex splitter connecting that phone into L2. Unfortunately I did not get a dial tone on that phone though the modem functioned fine on L1 so I figured L2 was the right line. What did I do wrong? Do I have to swap the wires at the box, if so which wires? A picture of the NIB is below before I unplugged the top jack.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Glenn
Attachments
Capture.PNG
DSL comes in at bottom jack
Capture.PNG (236.17 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
#78864 by gregg098
Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:45 pm
I moved into a new house recently and all phone jacks were only hooked up for one line. This was a simple fix (attached two wires), but worth checking yours to see if you are in a similar situation.
#78865 by jag-3
Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:52 pm
Hi Gregg,

There are 4 wires (2 lines) feeding each wall jack: red,green,yellow,and black.
Is there something I have to do at the box?

Thanks for you help.
#78869 by EA PA
Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:32 pm
jag-3 wrote:Hello everyone!

I recently dropped my residential line keeping my AT&T dsl line (dry loop).
At the NIB the DSL comes in on the bottom line so I unplugged the top jack and inside the house I placed a triplex (2 line splitter) feeding the modem line on L1 and my Telo on L2. For my other jack where I'd like to have another phone I installed another triplex splitter connecting that phone into L2. Unfortunately I did not get a dial tone on that phone though the modem functioned fine on L1 so I figured L2 was the right line. What did I do wrong? Do I have to swap the wires at the box, if so which wires? A picture of the NIB is below before I unplugged the top jack.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Glenn

You said you plug telo into L2. where did you plug into telo? if "wall" this is the incorrect jack - you will not get dial tone with this jack. Use the other - I believe "phone". To test if OOMA working with modem, plug a phone directly into phone jack on OOMA to test for dial tone

Edit: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/211/
#78884 by jag-3
Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:15 am
Thanks EA for your reply.
Yes, I did leave the "WALL" jack empty on the TELO and plugged L2 into the "PHONE" jack.
I bought a wall jack mount single line splitter by mistake so I couldn't plug a phone to test the walljack for dialtone where my Telo and modem are being fed from, but I figured I would have had a dialtone since the modem operated on L1.

What I really need to know if there is anything I have to wire at the NIB to make this work?

Thanks everyone for your replies thus far.
#78906 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 am
jag-3, if you unplugged the top plug in your NIB, you are good to go.

At the wall jacks, are you using one of these splitters?