Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#5638 by bdesatnik
Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:09 pm
I have my ooma hub setup and working and would like to add my caller id unit. Is there a certain procedure I should follow to disconnect and reconnect the hub?

Also, I'm in the process of porting my landline number to ooma - I assume that my caller id unit will still be needed once the number porting process is complete - is this correct? If not, how does the caller id feature work with ooma? I'm having difficulty finding information on caller id.

Thank you.
#5639 by southsound
Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 pm
Not sure what you are trying to do, but let me take a stab. You have a standalone CID unit that you want to use with the ooma - correct? If that is the case, simply connect it to the "phone" terminals of your hub. Most CID units have two jacks - one for the wall and one for the phone. The one for the wall goes to the ooma hub "phone" jack. Plug your phone into the jack marked phone. If you are wiring up your home from the "phone" connection like many have done, just plug it in like you normally would. You do not need to restart the hub or do anything to the Ethernet connections on it. The ooma hub (and scout too, for that matter) outputs the caller ID information in a standard format. I use a cordless Uniden DECT 6 phone on our hub and the CID information shows up on the handsets just fine.