Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#5507 by providco
Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:06 pm
Does anybody know if can I take either the hub or scout with me on the road? No real use for the scout cause I don't have a landline and might not extend premiere past the trial. Do I need the hub, or can I just use the scout on location? Would rather use the hub at home and travel with the scout, if that's possible.

Also , per a previous post in the Requested Features topic section- I had asked about adding a feature borrowed from my old phone machine called tollsaver-essentially when you call in from outside to your Ooma number, it would answer in one ring if you had messages waiting since the last time you called in, or, would answer on the number of rings you had previously set in the lounge, if you did not have any new messages waiting.
#5508 by bw1
Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:10 pm
providco wrote:Does anybody know if can I take either the hub or scout with me on the road? No real use for the scout cause I don't have a landline and might not extend premiere past the trial. Do I need the hub, or can I just use the scout on location? Would rather use the hub at home and travel with the scout, if that's possible.

The scout will only work when connected to the hub. You could take the hub with you anywhere you have a hi-speed internet connection. Just remember that you'd need to update your location information, in case you were to call 911.
#5509 by murphy
Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm
providco wrote:Does anybody know if can I take either the hub or scout with me on the road? No real use for the scout cause I don't have a landline and might not extend premiere past the trial. Do I need the hub, or can I just use the scout on location? Would rather use the hub at home and travel with the scout, if that's possible.

The scout is a slave. It can't do anything unless it is connected to the hub.