Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#76937 by gotok
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 pm
My Ooma Telo has been working fine for a couple of weeks, but I decided to reconfigure it for static IP. I used setup from the Telo port to set the static IP parameters and choose the static IP option on top. Now the calling still works but my internet is lost. I cannot even access the setup frame (ooma.setup.com) any more. I also tried http://172.27.35.1. How do I recover? Is there a factory reset function somehow? (Telo is connected directly to my Uverse RG).
#76938 by thunderbird
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:33 pm
gotok:
Did you reboot the router, than after the router was done booting, boot the Ooma device. Try this procedure three or four times if you have to.

Do you remember the numbers that you populated the following with? Did those numbers come from your router?

Static IP Options
IP Address: . . .
Netmask: . . .
DNS Server 1: . . .
DNS Server 2: . . .
Router Address: . . .
#76941 by gotok
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:52 pm
thunderbird wrote:gotok:
Did you reboot the router, than after the router was done booting, boot the Ooma device. Try this procedure three or four times if you have to.

Do you remember the numbers that you populated the following with? Did those numbers come from your router?

Static IP Options
IP Address: . . .
Netmask: . . .
DNS Server 1: . . .
DNS Server 2: . . .
Router Address: . . .

Thanks for your help. I did not think a router reboot was needed since I have previously configured other devices on my network for static IP without needing to reboot the router (i.e. Uverse residential gateway). However, rebooting the router fixed my problem. Thanks again.