Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#76685 by rayik
Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 am
OOMA telo was working fine for three weeks. One morning it was not working. Light sequence was:

Top row - ALL FLASHING ("volume" "brightness" and bluetooth")
2nd Row - ON SOLID ("1" and "2")
3rd Row - ON SOLID ("trash email" and "keep email"
4th Row - ALL OFF
OOMA symbol - OFF (neither solid nor flashing red or blue)

Did a lot of google searching and searching of the forums. Could not find anything relevant as to what that pattern of lights meant.

Finally figured it out and am posting in case anyone else is confronted with this. OOMA telo was noting it was connected to the internet but it was unable to communicate with the OOMA server. That is what that combination of lights means.

Our OOMA tele was set up beind the router and the router firewall was blocking it. It was recieving an IP by DHCP and the router was set to allow that IP address internet access. (The router was set to block all traffic unless otherwise directed) I had forgotten to set a static DHCP address. When the DHCP lease expired the OOMA telo was given a new IP address - one that was not open for internet access. The router was showing all packets from the OOMA telo were being blocked (by the router).

Opened up internet access to the OOMA telo's new IP address. Within 30 seconds, the lights went to their normal pattern (blue OOMA light and other lit)

Hopefully this post will help someone else if they are faced with this sequence of lights and they try to figure out what is going on.
#76710 by rayik
Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:26 pm
thunderbird wrote:rayik:
What is the Manufacture and model number of your Router?

It is an Astaro Security Gateway (home edition running on an atom dual core platform with 4GB of RAM). I doubt anyone in this forum is using this device.

However, the light pattern I noted was for an OOMA telo which detects it is connected to the internet but which is being blocked from connecting to the OOMA server on the internet.
#80851 by kraven411
Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 pm
I'm experiencing the same issue now. My Ooma telo had been working flawlessly. I took it down momentarily while tackling the beast known as cable management. Now, after hooking everything back up, all I'm getting is the top three lights flashing. Light one isn't lit, while all the other lights are solid, except for the Ooma symbol, which is completely dark. My phone just gives a constant busy signal. Any ideas?
#80852 by kraven411
Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 pm
Wow, now I feel like an idiot. My Telo is not connected between my modem and router. It's plugged directly into the router. Turns out I had the Telo connected through the wrong ethernet port to the router. By simply plugging the ethernet cable in the right port and power cycling, the issue immediately cleared itself up. /facepalm