Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#76662 by robthebuilder
Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:04 am
Hi all,

I have ATT Uverse in my house, no other services. My hub works flawlessly. Blue tab on, etc etc.

When i plug my scout in, it gets the 4-light error (no "Hub" found) even though the hub is still blue.

If i plug the scout directly to the hub, both work flawlessly.

i assume this is interference on the lines in my house and i tried putting DSL filters in front of the line going from the Hub to the wall, and also from the wall to the scout but still, no cigar.

any suggestions?

thanks
#76664 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 am
robthebuilder:
Some Ideas:

Did you disconnect your old phone service provider from your home's phone wiring?

Can you plug a regular phone in your home's phone wiring, and will it call out and recieve calls on your Ooma device?
#76675 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:47 pm
robthebuilder wrote:Hi all,

I have ATT Uverse in my house, no other services. My hub works flawlessly. Blue tab on, etc etc.

When i plug my scout in, it gets the 4-light error (no "Hub" found) even though the hub is still blue.

If i plug the scout directly to the hub, both work flawlessly.

i assume this is interference on the lines in my house and i tried putting DSL filters in front of the line going from the Hub to the wall, and also from the wall to the scout but still, no cigar.

any suggestions?

thanks

Is your Uverse signal present on the houswiring? If so, that might interfere with HPNA signal put out by Ooma's wall port. If you put DSL filter on the line, that will suppress the HPNA signal so that wouldn't work. If your Uverse signal is on line 1 of your house wiring, maybe put the Uverse signal on line 2 coming into the house and use line 1 to distribute Ooma dialtone and HPNA (Ooma's wall port). This way, you can plug in a phone and/or Scout anywhere in the house, they will work.