Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#5355 by grinch
Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:27 am
I am new to ooma and was afraid to try it with my home having Panisonic KX-TA824 phone system in it. I have the capabilities of 3 phone lines and 8 ext. I was supprised when I hooked up the OOMA and the scout to my phone system that it worked. Message light, callerID and hooking the scout up to CO 2 with idle lins selected works flawlessly. Bye Bye Vonage....Your loss my gain of a free second line.

CO 1 to Ooma hub
CO 2 to Ooma scout
CO 3 to Landline

Deselect CO 3 for auto select because being a landline it will always pickup first.

Any questions just ask.
#5356 by murphy
Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:35 am
The ooma second line is not free. If you didn't buy Premier, it will disappear after your 60 day free trial of Premier is over.
#5363 by runagun
Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:20 pm
So when u use ur phones(extensions) you hear the Ooma Dial tone and are able to make calls? I have the same phone system setup up at a different location and was thinking of removing the TA824 completely and just installing Ooma. Kinda hesitated cause of the rewiring I gotta do. Please explain a little more about your setup. Cable or Dsl, does the hybrid system fully work with it and so on?

grinch wrote:I am new to ooma and was afraid to try it with my home having Panisonic KX-TA824 phone system in it. I have the capabilities of 3 phone lines and 8 ext. I was supprised when I hooked up the OOMA and the scout to my phone system that it worked. Message light, callerID and hooking the scout up to CO 2 with idle lins selected works flawlessly. Bye Bye Vonage....Your loss my gain of a free second line.

CO 1 to Ooma hub
CO 2 to Ooma scout
CO 3 to Landline

Deselect CO 3 for auto select because being a landline it will always pickup first.

Any questions just ask.
#5367 by grinch
Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:15 pm
Yes you get the Ooma dial tone on all Ext. you have. Just set your 824 to Auto search for open line. The only thing is if you have a POTS line hooked up it will always find it first. Deselect your POTS line in auto search and if will pickup your Ooma lines.

I have a 3 meg download and 512k upload and it works great.
#6098 by runagun
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm
I have another question. For instance if your two Ooma lines are busy and u receive another call on your main number would your landline (CO3) ring or would the call go to voice mail. I'm looking to have three numbers on Ooma w/Hybrid phone system and would like the capability to use all three lines at the same time. Is this Possible and if so what would I need to do to have it done.
#6101 by grinch
Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:37 am
The way I have it set up is the second number is on a scout. Take your second number off of the share hub and assign it to the scout. Since you can't make your main number privite it will ring CO1 and CO2. When you answer CO1 you still can make and recieve calls on CO2 and CO3.

What kind of system are you using. I'll help ya if I can
#6329 by runagun
Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:52 am
Grinch thanks for your reply.

I have the same exact system(TX824) as you do at a different location. It has 3 lines filled(CO's) and was wondering if I would be able to use Ooma with it. It will be used for a business so thats why I wanted the main line to be half Ooma/Landline and the other 2 numbers new from Ooma. I want to be able to use all three numbers at the same time incoming/outgoing so customers don't get busy signals. My Main questions what do I need in order to plug CO1,CO2,CO3. I have 1 & 2 covered but not sure where to get the third from. Would I have to get another scout (2 total) and use a splitter? EX. Hub(CO1)->Scout(use Splitter to CO2)->Scout2(CO3) ??? Hopefully I've clarified it for you a little.

Also I have a 5 line one too. I wanna make sure this works before I change anything on that.
#6330 by murphy
Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:31 am
The ooma hub only supports two simultaneous connections no matter how many numbers and/or scouts (up to 4 max) that you have. The first call uses line 1 and the second call uses line 2. If you need to be able to talk on three calls at the same time, you need two hubs or one hub and don't integrate your land line with ooma.